9 Keepers

Went for a quick session last night. Took off down to Windang after work got there bout 8pm the wife requested fresh Flathead for dinner tonight. You know what they say happy wife happy life..

After a very slow start with one fish in the first hour things picked up and got 5 in the next. then picked up 3 more in the last hour. Used plastics 3 inch gulp green prawns and 80mm wrigglers with 9grm jigg head 9 keepers in the bag was time to go home and show the wife. I have put my order in for Thai red curry flathead, should be great in this cold weather.

post-20633-020608000 1338337899_thumb.jpg

Love Windang i used to stay at the caravan park when i was working down there,i caught some nice flatheads down there, caught a monster at my feet, honestly about 1.5m away, was on the shore up near the bend on the van park side where the water goes from nothing to deep in less than 1m away ......fantatsic spot..man i wanna go back there now!!

To get the bream try using 4 pound braid with 4ib fluro leader with light jig heads ultra light nitro pro heads in the various sizes 1/16 grams or more depending on current.The goal is to be able to throw the required distance using light braid.Use the gulp prawn and the turtleback worms also the bloodworm wriggler 80mm is a good alround size.Go to you tube and search for adam royter bream soft plastic videos.All the info is there mate.By the way are you local to the area.Would like to try there some time if you want some company.Never been down that way how long does it take to drive down there from sydney?.Good luck with the bream,have you tried bait?

Regards Steve

I seem to have luck smashing bream off servo prawns... the cheap stinky ones.

Maybe the bream in Windang have higher standards but servo prawns have killed it for me at Bulli...

If you ever want to save forty five minutes off your travel try Bulli.

To get the bream try using 4 pound braid with 4ib fluro leader with light jig heads ultra light nitro pro heads in the various sizes 1/16 grams or more depending on current.The goal is to be able to throw the required distance using light braid.Use the gulp prawn and the turtleback worms also the bloodworm wriggler 80mm is a good alround size.Go to you tube and search for adam royter bream soft plastic videos.All the info is there mate.By the way are you local to the area.Would like to try there some time if you want some company.Never been down that way how long does it take to drive down there from sydney?.Good luck with the bream,have you tried bait?

Regards Steve

Yeah mate up for any company most of the time im heading down by my self so the would be great. Its about 1 hour from sydney that is what my mate said and he is at Parramatta. And thanks foe the tips will try them and check out you tube. :biggrin2:

The one fish i cant get a grip with is bream. I know they are there but struggle to get them on plastics but can get everything else :ranting2:

gday mate nice catch - try a blade for the bream and move it just enough( couple of inches at a time) to make it vibrate then stop and let it sink again, then slowly move it again etc. I find that works for bream OK

pete.

gday mate nice catch - try a blade for the bream and move it just enough( couple of inches at a time) to make it vibrate then stop and let it sink again, then slowly move it again etc. I find that works for bream OK

pete.

Pete i have a question then. The water rip's through the channel there what size should i use? And solid catches on Jews in your posts wish i could do that constantly..

Thanks your help :biggrin2:

got lucky enough to spend a week at shell harbour in jan, did well at windang mostly in the lake but got a few of an afternoon of the banks, looks like i need to start making the effort again, great take, good to see they are all well above legal

got lucky enough to spend a week at shell harbour in jan, did well at windang mostly in the lake but got a few of an afternoon of the banks, looks like i need to start making the effort again, great take, good to see they are all well above legal

Yeah heaps that are undersize get landed but go back in. But there are plenty off good size flats there to keep you happy. lost a lot of bigger ones over the 70cm size. plenty there to keep you occupied

Great feed of flathead fillets :thumbup:

Your wife sounds like mine who has taken a liking to flattie fillets lately.

Last catch my wife claimed the large flatties before the fish were split up between all on board. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Chris.

lol

My wife hates the fact that i go fishing she call it my other woman. Yeah she likes the fillets for a red curry. She makes the best curry's nice and traditional as her heritage is Camo/Loas. Great food and plenty of it :thumbup: