Frozen balls in the Bay...

dhype

Hey Raiders

Hit the bay for a sh1t morning in sh1t conditions, froze my balls off it was that cold. Did manage to find some massive squid and big tailor... the squid and tailor were some of the biggest I've landed in the Bay so few kilos of each for dinner.

Left the ramp for home at 10:30 just before the rain came in and pissed down :thumbup:

Till next week

Trung

post-10545-015796000 1338622420_thumb.jpg

post-10545-097970900 1338622429_thumb.jpg

post-10545-008401200 1338622439_thumb.jpg

post-10545-015741300 1338622450_thumb.jpg

Edited by dhype

Mate, good on ya for getting out there today, I got up, looked out the window and went straight back to bed :)

Good to see the squid are still around, what did u land the tailor on? Pillies?

And yes, hope the balls are better too! Hahahaha

Edited by quintrex480

mate...same here as well

got up nice and early to get some live bait...nothing!!

first light....anchored off lighthouse at kurnell..nothing!!

strong current on bottom (never felt that there before, felt like boat was drifting...floated baits...nothing

not even any rubbish fish.

came inside to watts reef....small pinkies and trevally, and a few squid...very strange morning...i wonder if fish spooked by up coming weather change???

at least got the boat out!!

for some reason, i was expecting a freezing morning, but actually it was not bad (i hate the cold!!)

the wind did pick up a little for outside, not bad, but had watch out for some rogue waves that tossed us around..you do expect that

but crew safety comes first so the fish can wait for us for another day!!

Mate, good on ya for getting out there today, I got up, looked out the window and went straight back to bed :)

Good to see the squid are still around, what did u land the tailor on? Pillies?

And yes, hope the balls are better too! Hahahaha

Balls all nice and warm now so fully recovered! Might set them out to freeze tomorrow morning again if I'm feeling stupid enough to head out...

All tailor were by-catches... 1 caught on live squid, 1 x on live pike, 1 x on live tailor! so you can guess what we were targeting.. i reckon i would have bagged out on the tailor if i bothered targeting them with lures but my balls were too cold! :biggrin2:

You gettig a bit soft these days quinnie? Afraid of the rain and 5 degree air temps in the morning?... soft...soft!! :074:

See you out there

Trung

Edited by dhype

Trung,

My brass monkey had his drop off with the cold weather, so you can use those. I have some super glue that will stick them on for you. :074: :074:

Seriously, this is not cold. It's cold when you are trying to thread the hook into the bait, and it won't go in any further, because the hook is in your finger and you cannot feel it!

Yowie.

Not a bad effort for shit wether. Sorry to hear about your balls hope they get better soon lol

Place balls in the oven at 150 degrees .... bake for 20 minutes to unfreeze. reattach to body. All should be good.

Trung,

Next time you go out fishing, you will need two beanies.

One goes on your head and the other beanie, well I'm sure you can figure it out.

Make sure they are bright green, to match your downrigger balls....

Oh don't tell me they came up frozen as well ?

OK then you will need a total of 4 beanies...

At the very least you have exchanged the donuts for cold nuts.

I'm not sure if that's a worthwhile exchange....

You probably screamed like Michael Jackson when the big tailor hooked up....

"Don't stop 'till the fish hooks up....."

"WoooooooOOOOOOOHHHHH"

Get those beanies....:biggrin2:

Tony

Edited by Keflapod