Fishing Report

Angelvic

Well fellow Raiders this is a very late report, but you know how life can get very busy these days. This was around mid Feb.

The old saying "good things come to those who wait" couldn't be further from the truth.

Now it's not everytime I have an opportunity to fish with the bride, but I reckon she's a good omen. How many times

have I tried to hook up to a decent Jewie and managed nil or Salmon or even big Tailer, now don't get me wrong

there's nothing wrong with the above mentioned , but when your live yakka or live squid gets taken by these thieves

instead of the Holly Grail, well your spirit is dampened. Anyway on this particular day I had a good feeling, the tide was

high at 7am, 2 days before new moon,7km NW winds oh yer the wife in company. As we made our way to the bait

grounds, we manage to find Yellow Tail in an area where it drops down from 4mts to 8mts with bigger fish holding close.

We managed to drift at this location and berley with mashed up bread and pillies, within 15minutes we had a dozen or so.

With Squid caught the day before and enough live bait we set out to anchor up wind and drift back on the spot mininizing noise.

By now it was 6:15 am, we put out 4 rods at different depths and distance. At approx 6:45 the lightly waited yakka

started to vibrate, I gentley grab the rod wait 10 seconds and start to lift the rod, the fish loads the rod and takes its first run.

I let it have it's way before it took about 50 meters of line when it started to ease back. I started to reel some line back when

the head shakes started. I then knew that this could be my PB. The fish took another run, but this time it was short.

1O minutes later the unmistakable silver/purple flash appeared, I leaned over put my hand under the gills and she was onboard.

Looked at the misses and said "What do ya reckon love" She replied " well it's about time you got one" .

The fish went 99 cm and just shy of 10kg, What a day in the Bay. :thumbup:

post-9075-089431100 1339748990_thumb.jpg

Hi Angelvic,

So whenever you get a nice fishm, your wife will tell you that it's about time ?

Jeez she has some HIGH expectations of you !

So now when you come homwe without a jew, it;s gonna be 'where's the jew ?' is it ?

That's a very nice fish mate.

Where do you get your live yakkas from ?

Going to watts reef or the yarra bay suction is too far....

Tony

Hi Angelvic,

So whenever you get a nice fishm, your wife will tell you that it's about time ?

Jeez she has some HIGH expectations of you !

So now when you come homwe without a jew, it;s gonna be 'where's the jew ?' is it ?

That's a very nice fish mate.

Where do you get your live yakkas from ?

Going to watts reef or the yarra bay suction is too far....

Tony

Thanks for your and the rest of the Raiders coments, I look at the above mentioned spots , but instesd of going there directly I scan any drop off on the way. If it holds bait I'll give it a go and usually the bigger predators are not far behind. As for the high expectations from the wife, yep your right, but in saying that we release most of the Mulloway as they are a magical fish to catch only once.