Never try never know

fish311

Hi Raiders

Last night went to WB fishing with my friend and 2 kids . We arrive Apple tree bay around 4.30pm . Start fishing @ WB around 5pm . My first bite and hooked up around 5min after . After I saw the other boat also hooked up as well . My friend daughter 2nd hooked UP around 6.30pm , after my friend keep hooked up 1 Monster 2 medium around 8pm . We leave WB around 8.15pm send kids back to Apple tree bay , their mum pick them at there . After we keep continue fishing , but we change to the other location ( Smiths creek ) . The reason to change , because last night I never seen before almost 35 boats in WB , crazy night , like a water city . Haha ... We start fishing again on 9.10pm at Smiths creek . We use pilchard for bait , because last night yellowtail is very hard to catch . Finally we hooked up 12 Monster at Smiths creek , between 10.45pm-12am .Total for last night is 17 Hairtail . We went back around 1am . Last night is my last fishing trip as well , because I have some commitment for this year ,I temporary stop fishing .This couple years I really have Fun @ FISHING . Hope I can fishing back again in future . Tomorrow is Monday again , new day . Hard working , Hard fishing . Hehe ... Good luck to everyone @ fish raiders . SAFETY ALWAYS. Cheers ...

Fish311

No Fishing No Life

post-22401-009068800 1340541663_thumb.jpg

post-22401-053018000 1340541735_thumb.jpg

post-22401-060767400 1340541847_thumb.jpg

post-22401-038396100 1340541866_thumb.jpg

Well done Felix.

That's showing how it is done!

Arent you sick of eating hairtails yet? :biggrin2:

Hi Raiders

Last night went to WB fishing with my friend and 2 kids . We arrive Apple tree bay around 4.30pm . Start fishing @ WB around 5pm . My first bite and hooked up around 5min after . After I saw the other boat also hooked up as well . My friend daughter 2nd hooked UP around 6.30pm , after my friend keep hooked up 1 Monster 2 medium around 8pm . We leave WB around 8.15pm send kids back to Apple tree bay , their mum pick them at there . After we keep continue fishing , but we change to the other location ( Smiths creek ) . The reason to change , because last night I never seen before almost 35 boats in WB , crazy night , like a water city . Haha ... We start fishing again on 9.10pm at Smiths creek . We use pilchard for bait , because last night yellowtail is very hard to catch . Finally we hooked up 12 Monster at Smiths creek , between 10.45pm-12am .Total for last night is 17 Hairtail . We went back around 1am . Last night is my last fishing trip as well , because I have some commitment for this year ,I temporary stop fishing .This couple years I really have Fun @ FISHING . Hope I can fishing back again in future . Tomorrow is Monday again , new day . Hard working , Hard fishing . Hehe ... Good luck to everyone @ fish raiders . SAFETY ALWAYS. Cheers ...

Fish311

No Fishing No Life

Wow!!! That's crazy stuff.... 17?

Good on you for fishing smiths creek, heaps of hairtail in the system not just WB. What's your recipe for the fish on the plate? How long was the monster?

Wow!!! That's crazy stuff.... 17?

Good on you for fishing smiths creek, heaps of hairtail in the system not just WB. What's your recipe for the fish on the plate? How long was the monster?

Hey mate

I like steam fish with mushroom , ginger , shallot , fish sauce , whisky , sesame oil . Or fried until crispy . Tonight we cooked Hairtail with ginger soup as well yummy yummy . Keep body warmer for Winter . The biggest of Hairtail around 188cm .

Hey mate

I like steam fish with mushroom , ginger , shallot , fish sauce , whisky , sesame oil . Or fried until crispy . Tonight we cooked Hairtail with ginger soup as well yummy yummy . Keep body warmer for Winter . The biggest of Hairtail around 188cm .

WHISKY! Now that's what I'm talking about.

Great catch mate! I love your decorations on your boat. I was going last night but fell asleep on the couch :wacko: I'm heading for the bay for a morning fish hopefully land some. :biggrin2:

J

Wouldn,t mind having a piece of your second hairtail from the left in a soup :D .

Did you have many bite offs while fishing or did you put wire trace on for there teeth , were glow light sticks needed on your line???

Looked them up on youtube to see them swim they actually swim in a unique manner heads always looking upwards.

Apparently very good sashimi.

Chris.

Wouldn,t mind having a piece of your second hairtail from the left in a soup :D .

Did you have many bite offs while fishing or did you put wire trace on for there teeth , were glow light sticks needed on your line???

Looked them up on youtube to see them swim they actually swim in a unique manner heads always looking upwards.

Apparently very good sashimi.

Chris.

Hey Chris

I used 20bl wire trace for leader , with red light . Hairtail is not really good for sashimi .

You the MAN Felix! sheesh 17!!! awesome job buddy!

I was out there on Friday night with the 101 other boats as well :biggrin2:, it was tough going, we managed a few takes but couldn't hook up, but ended up with a salmon and a few bream.

Hey buddy ,

I feel that Hairtail is quite difficult to estimate . Hairtail is Strange fish.

Hey Chris

I used 20bl wire trace for leader , with red light . Hairtail is not really good for sashimi .

Thanks mate , trying to get down there hopefully soon to gather a feed.

Will be taking wire along then and hopfully landing my first hairy can,t wait.

Chris.

You guys are machines!!!

Thats an awesome catch.

Where can hair tail be caught?

Are they mostly in rivers or deeper water?

During winter they come inshore into places like cowan creek (which is where all these reports are from). Can't say why but apparently they come in from the shelf! Apart from the odd one up north, i'm not sure if they can be caught in many areas.

Those that need to hairtail should come join the Fishraider hairtail Social weekend :biggrin2:

Hey buddy

All the fish is legal size . We never take under size since I start fishing until now . Hehe ... I hope can join as well , but last Saturday is my last fishing trip on this moment , maybe next year . Nice to meet u all @ Fishraider . Good Luck , Safety always .

Fish311

During winter they come inshore into places like cowan creek (which is where all these reports are from). Can't say why but apparently they come in from the shelf! Apart from the odd one up north, i'm not sure if they can be caught in many areas.

You're right man ...