More Bluefin off Sydney today- Wednesday 22nd

This time last year we got a 95kegger on the 1000FA line while cubing!... Ol mate Roosterman (Steve) dropped another goodun same time from the bow.

Long way 'tween Browns and the 1000FA mark but worth the travel imho

Fish caught today are estimated to be 140kg! Al got one a little bigger!

Well this is what we know so far..

Biggest fish was Rob & Mark on Marquis at 140+ & another 70+ well done guys on memorable fish off Sydney

Al's fish went 102kg & the boys on Mistress boated a 65kg model and while fighting had fish everywhere around them but wouldn't touch cubes or livies... sometimes they just won't feed. Well done everyone a great effort.

Fish all caught on lures & wide of browns.

Cheers

Damo

Edited by Reef Magic Charters

Damo,

That is great news. Broke my duck out at Browns last Saturday and got 3 blue eye up to 13kgs. Had one run from a tuna but for some reason didnt stay connected. Crap trip back though into the westerly. I reckon the 25ft boston rides pretty well but we were struggling to go any faster than 12knts. Wind seems a bit marginal for the weekend so far unfortunately.

Once i can work out how to post pictures I will put up a report on th eblue eye.

Johno

Sounds like a good day out there. Any info on water temp or general locality. We will be out tomorrow hoping to break a few blue fin cherries!

Love to see the pics of the big girl, nice work.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi guys we were out there today also and lost a blue fin on a cube the water temp that all the fish were caught in is 19.5 degrees . We were all in the samee area as the other boats that hooked up but there is a nice break in temp and that's where they were holding up.

Kind regards juiced

Word travels fast. At 3.30 decide it was time to have a cube. As we were pulling the lures in I had a fish take a sinking lure out of my hands which missed then the second bite I watch in amazement only to look across and realise we had a double on chair 80's. One went deep and one on top so worked out for a while till we got close and a fair amount of knitting was required. When saw the first fish I knew it was big but still underestimated and when we finally got him up it took a lot of effort to drag it aboard. We then settled down to fight the second which was similar or bigger from what we saw early in the fight. After 20 minutes the hook pulled with 500 meters of line out so we started to clear the deck for the trip home. While the angler cursed and swore he joked that it would be funny if something ate his lure on the way in and 40 meters of the stern that exactly what happened. Photos to come but fish weighed 73kg and 145.5kg.