Port Hacking Sunday Trip

Pongrass18ft

Hi Raiders

Went out yesterday with gonefishin (Meng) and Karisma (Chris). Great weather and couldn't wait to get out there and enjoy the day. Headed South with the lures out to gather some Bonito, managed a few in the early morning but they were very far and few in between, with Karisma pulling in one beauty of a Bonito which measured 60cm which is his PB Bonito :thumbup: which neither Meng nor myself have yet to catch one of that size. We slowly made our way back into Bates Bay and fished around the reef structures to give the Snapper a go, we tried for quite a few hours and came up with triple zero's fishing with bait and lures :thumbdown: .

Managed to pull up a large squid over the reefs on a pilchard bait so we decided to switch to squid jigs and gather some large winter squid for a feed of salt and pepper calamari. It was nice to watch Karisma catch squid as it was his first time ever catching them which is another PB for him.

Chris

post-13990-094382700 1341787130_thumb.jpg

post-13990-035090700 1341787176_thumb.jpg

Hi Chris (Pongrass),

Long time no see or speak to you.

My apologies - I seem to have filled my life with so much stuff to do.

Last summer saw me go fishing a fair few times but as soon as the temp cooled, I have been inundated with household fixes / chores, etc.

At least you're still going out fishing and catching a nice feed.

A bunch of tasty entrees there with the squid - and bonnies are alright as well.

Shame about the reddies - you usually catch a few - youre the master bate bay fisher !

I believe the reds are not so keen on plastic in the winter but they love them in the summer.

Then again, what do I know - never done enough to form my own opinion.

We gotta catch up one day - see how your baby is going (6 months now ?)

Speak soon.

Tony