Monday bluefin madness off Sydney

Thats awesome news, I was out today trolling just past browns but only managed an albacore. Great day out on the water today. If you don't mind me asking how far out did you go to get the bluefin. I couldn't find the temp breaks anywhere.

We have just crossed the 12 mile and are bringing home 5 fish for the clients on board ranging from 70kg - 35kg. We caught them on the troll, jigging, popping, stick baiting and could have caught 100 fish.

Cheers

Damo

Damo i was next to you when you got the call, and it was on, racing over to the school, what a day we stayed on for another hour after you left, and we left them biting its an awsome sight when you have a rod in the rod holder and a lure just in the water and a 50kg bluefin nails it.

regards Matt

Well done Damo. We were there too in the Seafarer and got our fair share of the madness. A cracking day. We got them of skirts, deep divers, stickbaits, livies...unbelievable. Its going to take some beating.

Bring on the yelllowfin.

Cheers

Erroll

Well done Damo. We were there too in the Seafarer and got our fair share of the madness. A cracking day. We got them of skirts, deep divers, stickbaits, livies...unbelievable. Its going to take some beating.

Bring on the yelllowfin.

Cheers

Erroll

Hi Erroll, congrats on your catch mate. I was just past Browns when all of a sudden boats started flying past me towards Heatons I think. Is that where you found them ?

Erroll,

Well done on finally breaking the drought - with a massive downpour. It's hard working getting everything to align (weather, fish, day off, mates with a day off, wifey, boat, etc) and you smashed it. Great stuff. I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Hi Erroll, congrats on your catch mate. I was just past Browns when all of a sudden boats started flying past me towards Heatons I think. Is that where you found them ?

Yes mate. We went past you trolling as you were pulling up that albie. They were actually a little east of Heatons. Man, that is a long way out!

Cheers

Erroll

Erroll,

Well done on finally breaking the drought - with a massive downpour. It's hard working getting everything to align (weather, fish, day off, mates with a day off, wifey, boat, etc) and you smashed it. Great stuff. I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Thanks mate. Sorry you couldnt be there as you and Chewie have been putting in as much time into this as I have. We will get onto them again soon.

I want a full report on the eating!

Hi Guys,

Long time reader first time scribe here, but I was out with the Reef Magicians Monday and thought they needed a wrap. Have nothing but respect for these boys, they are in it for the love of fishing and will do their best to find fish for you, sharing their knowledge along the way. The day started out a bit slow, I remember feeling no not today please let us have some action, but when we finally found the fish it was on. Triple hook-up reels zzzzzzzinging, about an hour or so we had lost one and pulled the other 2 in. Shotgun pulled the biggest which the experts called 70kg, but I couldn't lift it, you be the judge. The 200kg Mako didn't want to take it on so it was definitely a horse.

Next up Mike yells "I've never seen anything like this on the sounder get the jigs out". So the knife jig goes down and the popper goes out, bang bang 2 more fish to 50kg. We ended up feeding them pilles off the back of the boat before we headed home. Amazing.

5 all up and on our way home by 3pm home in time to watch the Roosters blow another one. Very happy camper, BBQ at mine on the weekend.

Good Luck boys

Troy

post-8778-074665400 1341880050_thumb.jpg

post-8778-059020700 1341880191_thumb.jpg

post-8778-055757100 1341880214_thumb.jpg

post-8778-078138000 1341880234_thumb.jpg

post-8778-019946300 1341880254_thumb.jpg

Yes mate. We went past you trolling as you were pulling up that albie. They were actually a little east of Heatons. Man, that is a long way out!

Cheers

Erroll

Thats funny, I was calling out to you guys because I didn't know what type of tuna it was till I looked it up on the net. I didn't hear anything on the radio which is a shame because I would have loved to have hooked up a bluefin. Hopefully they hang around a little longer and maybe closer. Thinking about getting out on Thursday if weather looks good. Damn I should have followed you. Might see you out there again. Take care

Thats funny, I was calling out to you guys because I didn't know what type of tuna it was till I looked it up on the net. I didn't hear anything on the radio which is a shame because I would have loved to have hooked up a bluefin. Hopefully they hang around a little longer and maybe closer. Thinking about getting out on Thursday if weather looks good. Damn I should have followed you. Might see you out there again. Take care

No way, we were calling you! Thought you were too busy or on another channel. We notice the long pectorals on it as you pulled it up and called it for an albie. Would love to get out Thursday but have to put some time in with the kids before school hols ends. Perhaps next week. The yft cannot be far away. We will see to out there.

Cheers

Bring on the yelllowfin.

Cheers

Erroll

Well done mate im glad you got into them!

Cheers

Damo

Well done mate im glad you got into them!

Cheers

Damo

Thanks Damo. The smile is going to take a long time to be wiped off this face. Your generous guidance over the past couple of weeks has been appreciated. We left a while after you but we made it back in just under two hours. A very strange feeling to leave fish going crazy like that......

See you out there.

Cheers

post-7148-057109200 1341916002_thumb.jpg

post-7148-016318100 1341916207_thumb.jpg

Edited by erroll

Hi josh82 we got them south east of browns in 1500fathoms if that helps. Let me know how you go as I am going out on Saturday and would like to know if they are still hanging around there. I might add we were 40 nm out of Sydney when we got them.

Good luck

Hi josh82 we got them south east of browns in 1500fathoms if that helps. Let me know how you go as I am going out on Saturday and would like to know if they are still hanging around there. I might add we were 40 nm out of Sydney when we got them.

Good luck

That's the area for sure... We got fish today again. Will let Stewy tell the story.

Good luck

Cheers

Damo