I may be fishing a snapper kayak fishing comp

arpie

Hi guys

I am positively STOKED!! What with Keith & I going over to NZ in mid Oct anyway, for Keith to compete in the Triathlon World Championships ........... there is now a VERY GOOD CHANCE that I will be going over 10 days earlier, to fish a kayak fishing comp in the Coromandel the weekend before we were scheduled to arrive!!! 1yikes.gif I am currently questioning the cost of changing my ticket dates ....... with a bit of luck, the organisers will provide me with a yak to compete in ....... and the Snapper Pack that I will receive soon from the May COTM ..... will now be coming in VERY HANDY a lot sooner than I thought!!!! yahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Keep your fingers crossed that I can make the changes - not sure if Keith will come over earlier as well ....... we have family & buddies there that I can stay with, til our other accommodation kicks in , in mid Oct!!

Check it out!!

post-2231-001806100 1343548092_thumb.jpg

Can you tell ......... I'm EXCITED!!

cheerio

Roberta

Thanks guys! With my history of fishing offshore ........ I'll be providing my own berley tho!!!wacko.gif It isn't REALLY offshore, either - it should be in the Firth of Thames. It is still a pretty BIG set of water tho!

The Firth of Thames is the bay that is to the left of where 'north eastern' is written and down into that big bay. The town of Thames is on the bay side - when we lived in Auckland, we used to have a caravan at Pauanui, on the ocean side of the map, across the mountain, to the east. We'd go there every weekend, summer or winter & in between! We just loved it there. We'd planned to retire there ..... then we found Forster! biggrin2.gif

post-2231-037910400 1343554406_thumb.png

Can't wait!!!yahoo.gifthumbup.gif

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Well done!

Good luck to both of you in your respective comps.

I'm jealous!!

My better half is a Kiwi, she reminds me (regularly!) of how good the snapper and kingie fishing is "back home"..

Tight Lines!

Thanks guys! Can't wait~! Now I am contacting all my old buddies to see if I can 'drop in' on them for a couple of nights after the comp, at least until Keith comes over mid Oct!! I hope to spend some time up in the Hokianga Harbour area (Omapere), Pauanui & the Coromandel, Clarks Beach & of course, it wouldn't be a trip without going to ROTORUA for some trout! yahoo.gif I will probably only take my spin gear tho, as I will be travelling on my own & don't want to be weighed down by too much stuff! Will probably go between places by bus?? We'll see what happens!!

Just waiting to see how much it will cost me to change my flight!! Keith will stick with his original plan & stay here til he flies over with his brother, Fran

cheerio

Roberta