Is all braid line good ?

Fitzy1410

Hi all,

I wanted to re-spool my reels with braid and found an online shop that sells 1000 meter reels quite inexpensivly.

The braid is called Viper Dyneema Braid .

Does anyone know if this is good quality relaible line ?

thks heaps

Edited by Fitzy1410

To be honest, never heard of that brand... Braided lines can either be very good or very bad. I made this mistake a few years ago when starting out with braid. Bought some cheap braid and within a few weeks got rid of it. Poor knot strength, bad casting and bad quality in general. You are much better off playing it safe but by all means give it a go and see how it is.

Cheers, Tom

Thnaks Tom,

what brand would you recomend?

cheers

mike

To be honest, never heard of that brand... Braided lines can either be very good or very bad. I made this mistake a few years ago when starting out with braid. Bought some cheap braid and within a few weeks got rid of it. Poor knot strength, bad casting and bad quality in general. You are much better off playing it safe but by all means give it a go and see how it is.

Cheers, Tom

cheap online braid tends to pretty nasty stuff, if your just starting out with braid and this stuff turns out crap you might be turned right off braid altogether. Stick to the reputable brands and you shouldn't have any problem, power pro is the best value for money in my opinion and Nitlon is even better if you want to pay a little extra.

cheap online braid tends to pretty nasty stuff, if your just starting out with braid and this stuff turns out crap you might be turned right off braid altogether. Stick to the reputable brands and you shouldn't have any problem, power pro is the best value for money in my opinion and Nitlon is even better if you want to pay a little extra.

Fitzy , I've had the same experience so stick to the good quality brands. The other one to add to your list is Tufline

See your PM's

Geoff

thnaks heaps all for the responses.

BTW Geoff,

excuse my ignorance but what does "See your PM's" mean.

cheers

Fitzy

PM = Private Messages. You will notice a number with a green background at the top where your sign out button is. Click on the down facing triangle and click on messenger.

I think its pretty obviouse not to buy the cheep imported stuff, but just incase your not convinced I bought some (cant remember the brand name) but it was 50LB and I could brake it between my hands.

I will never buy imported braid online again!

Brett

I've recently spooled up with Daiwa TD Sensor, rated at 50lb/PE 5 (actual breaking strain around 75lb) which is the same diameter as most other 30lb... nice!

And don't forget good old aussie Platypus, who also do bulk spools...

I made the mistake of using a cheap "in-house" brand from one of the fishin/campin/pusbike stores a couple of years ago, and I won't make the same mistake again...

Tight (good quality) Lines!!

I bought cheap braid off online shop and was pretty unhappy with it over all.

Strength was good and I never had it break however the dye they used was terrible and rubbed off on my rod and guides. the line also stuck on the spool which was bad for casting and it faded really quickly too (I bought orange) and when casting it wouldnt come off the spool cleanly and would end up getting really tangled, ended up losing about 50m worth due to knotting.

Ive got my kingy rod with 30lb Power Pro braid in green - very tough but a little bit rough, fine for bottom bashing

My mid sized spinning rod has Tuffline 15lb yellow braid and its beautiful, so smooth excellent for casting and never gets knots

My break rod has 6lb Fins in orange and is also pretty good, not as smooth as the tuffline but still very good. I hooked something big out at longy last weekend and my 10lb leader broke before my braid did, just had to lock up the drag in the end because I was about to get spooled and wasnt showing any sign of stopping :(

In short, the cheap stuff isnt worth it to be honest. your better off using mono or flurocarbon. I had 8lb fluro perform better overall than the 15lb online shop braid.

Thanks heaps to everyone that posted all the great advice,

No doubt the advice i got saved me a heap of hassles.

i went with tufline, got a good price on `1200 yards of 50ld

1200 of 30lb and 600 of 15 lb

Edited by Fitzy1410

Thanks heaps to everyone that posted all the great advice,

No doubt the advice i got saved me a heap of hassles.

i went with tufline, got a good price on `1200 yards of 50ld

1200 of 30lb and 600 of 15 lb

that's the way!!

go hard or go home...