sydney boat show

dunc333

just got home from 2012 show and there is all the normal stuff but i was very impressed with some of the new alloy and glass fishing boats on display in the 16 to the 18ft class some with massive high sides i have never seen before, also hueys stand looks great and the biggest yak display i have ever seen ,yak fishing has sure come along way in the last year or 2.let us know what you think if you go cheers dunc333.

Did anyone notice the yak on the Lowrance stand?

The sounder/chartplotter was big enough for an offshore marlin charter boat!

My missus would KILL me!

So much for yaks being a budget option!

You could buy a tinnie, motor and a years worth of fuel for that!!

I agree though, plenty of good seaworthy/fishable boats in the 5m category, set up and ready to roll...

Did anyone notice the yak on the Lowrance stand?

The sounder/chartplotter was big enough for an offshore marlin charter boat!

My missus would KILL me!

So much for yaks being a budget option!

You could buy a tinnie, motor and a years worth of fuel for that!!

I agree though, plenty of good seaworthy/fishable boats in the 5m category, set up and ready to roll...

i didnt go this year, mainly because i wasnt in the market for the boat and two so many tackle shops are having sales and big sales to boot

the cost to get the family to the boat show parking some food bought me a tld25 and rod 5 yamashita jigs and pizza tonite for the kids

Not long home from the boat show, far out there sure is some money floating at darling harbour......

So me and my work mate are mooching around both the marina and the halls and we both notice that no one is really interested in trying to sell us anything.

We stop at stands, show some interest but no bites. Bit like fishing really..lol

Im not sure what it was but i didnt feel a vibe at all, nothing excited me and i bought nothing.

I say this because 2 weeks ago i bought a new /used stacer 440 Nomad (bought but never used) from a boat dealer in Caringbah.

When i was buying gear to fit it out, everyone was saying wait till the boat show cause you'll save heaps....

Well i'm glad i didnt wait, i spent 5k ish on what i wanted to buy locally and got some pretty awesome customer service with that to boot

So much for boat show specials and deals

Cheers

Kel

Not overly impressed this year. Like Kel said, not much vibe. Cost me $50 in entry & parking and spent $4 on some hooks. The only boats that took my eye were the Kiwi Surtees boats. Typically built Kiwi tough. Anybody out there own one? Overall though I found it a bit uninspiring. Just my opinion but think I'll give it a miss next year.

Tuffy.