wharf fishing

fisholb

hi raiders,

weve been fishing off wharfs lately. below is a qiuck summary.

balmoral

had the day off so the boss/wife asked if we can go fishing. so dropped my youngest son to preschool and quickly loaded the fishing gear in the car and off we went. took about 1hr to get to the spot. very surprised there was not a single soul on the wharf. its probably because the wind was blowing hard. anyway quickly rigged up and gave the rod to my wife. she put a chicken fillet for bait and cast. less than 2mins later she said'i got something on my line'.i quickly look and her rod was bending really hard. she said 'pls take the rod, i cant turn the reel'. so i quickly grabbed the rod from her and after a couple of minutes a 39cm trev was in the esky. gave the rod back to the wife and she cast again. i went back to rig my rod and my wife was on again. this time she was able to bring the fish in and it was a smaller trev so quickly remove the hook and back it went to fight another day. unfortunately that was it. after a couple of hours we packed up. left the wharf at 1pm.

post-18634-078318200 1346982949_thumb.jpg

clifton

got to the spot around 4am. as we got there, the security was just opening the gate. got to the wharf and there was no one there. we quickly rigged up and burley with bread. after about 1hr, the yakkas started to bite. we were using prawns pilchards for bait. as the sun started to shine, we got a steady bites of yakkas jackets bream. one of my mate managed to catch a oz salmon of pilchard. we decided to packed up around 9am.

wallys

got to the spot around 4am. as usual burley with bread. no bites for about an hour and as the sun started to shine, the yakkas came. my mate caught 1 keeper bream a couple of small trev that went back in. packed up around 9am. we were using prawns n pilchards.

Yeah I was at clifton gardens the other day, I got there around 8am and caught nothing until 12. BUT a guy who got there way before me caught a keeper kingfish on a pillie while he was targeting trevally! Early morning is definitely the way to go.

Sorry hit the wrong button. I will continue, the pelagics were busting up everywhere, it was crazy, it went on and on. I was so spun out I forgot to put more money in the metre and scored an $88 fine. Got to say, I would happily pay that again to experience crazy bustups all around the warf.

@phat...mate...u can get free parking on weekdays on some streets at balmoral...forget the weekends...

@mack...mate we always target yakkas at balmoral...size 8 hook n 10lb mono line...imagine catching a king on that...my wife loves catching yakkas...

To the rest...thanks for the nice comments...my wife is hooked on fishing now these days...lucky me...