salting and freezing slimmies and striped tuna.

leonardgid

There is a choice, either salting or freezing - you cannot successfully do both. Salting, done properly, takes a fair bit of effort for a week and unless you have your own "bait fridge" my may cause some domestic issues at home!

There wil always be arguments either way.......I spent many years salting and doing the daily draining and salting and re-wrapping in newspaper versus just sticking the fillets in the freezer. I now realise, life is too short to be bothered with salting and the time you save, get out there a bit earlier and catch it live. :D

get an old baking tray use sea salt layer off salt 20mm thick lay your fillets on the salt and cover with salt no need for a fridge but depending on how long you leave them in salt will suck all the water out

two days should do the trick then vacum seal and freaze they wont freaze as all the water has been sucked out leaving oil only in the fillet

keep the salt and sun dry it for reuse

its a bit off experament to find out what works for your needs also check the fillets dayley iff the salt is wet replace it with dry salt do'nt discard the used salt when its beond drying chuck it in you berly mix cheers gary

its easy buddy just fillet the fish(trevally,yellowtail,bonito,tuna, slimys)

use a piece of plywood or something underneath so you dont get juice seeping away

get an old newspaper lay on wood

add a layer of butchers salt about 5-10mm on paper

place fish skin side down on paper

add a layer of salt on top about10-20mm thick depending on thickness of fillet(more salt for thick fish)

leave alone for 2-3 days or until you remember them.lol

dust off salt and place in zip lock bags.

now the fillets will last for over a year if you dont use them before that..

good luck, its real easy..cheers stevo..:1fishing1: