Port Hacking

mako2000

Finally managed to get back out on the hacking today, although slow the water is starting to warm up a bit and hopefully burning some of that slimy weed up (although my fave haunts were still full of it). Managed 3 whiting between 30-35cms and lost a nice flathead around the 60cm mark. The flatty was hooked in about 2ft of crystal clear water and was great to see it darting around before it managed to throw the hook. All Whiting were caught on live bloodworms and the flatty hooked on a live nipper.

Finally managed to get back out on the hacking today, although slow the water is starting to warm up a bit and hopefully burning some of that slimy weed up (although my fave haunts were still full of it). Managed 3 whiting between 30-35cms and lost a nice flathead around the 60cm mark. The flatty was hooked in about 2ft of crystal clear water and was great to see it darting around before it managed to throw the hook. All Whiting were caught on live bloodworms and the flatty hooked on a live nipper.

Nice one, going there on Wednesday so any hints on area would be appreciated.

Also where did you get the nippers??

Nice one, going there on Wednesday so any hints on area would be appreciated.

Also where did you get the nippers??

Not sure what the place is called but all fish were on the little sandbar where you enter the eight knot zone near Lilli Pilli, on the national park side. Nippers were actually shop bought. It was dead high tide when I left so knew I wasnt going to be able to pump any.

Not sure what the place is called but all fish were on the little sandbar where you enter the eight knot zone near Lilli Pilli, on the national park side. Nippers were actually shop bought. It was dead high tide when I left so knew I wasnt going to be able to pump any.

Thanks mate, give it a try tomorrow.