48 cm bream

captainpete

hi guys caught this bream yesterday at the hawkesbury also 7 others between 27 cm 35 cm also plenty of sopies most around 40 cm fished around both bridges with fresh prawns and bottle squid.burled with wheat bread and vitabix most fish caught low tide and run in .great day on the water just about had the whole river to myself cheers peterpost-15757-086315100 1349988710_thumb.jpg

Mate that is an absolute monster bream! I'm sitting at my desk with a ruler imagining the size of that thing. A few reports at the moment saying bream are big, but not 'plump'.....quite skinny. Was this the case or was it in good condition?

Mate that is an absolute monster bream! I'm sitting at my desk with a ruler imagining the size of that thing. A few reports at the moment saying bream are big, but not 'plump'.....quite skinny. Was this the case or was it in good condition?

hi josamill ya he was in ok condition he tipped the scales at 1.6 kg

cracker bream mate!

The hawkesbury sure has some monsters! Got my PB 44cm bream there earlier in the year and it was very very fat weighing spot on 2kg. Took a strip of mullet up at milson island. I'd love to connect with a 45+ on 4lb some time. Would be a cracker of a fight!

COTM for sure :thumbup:

Cheers, Tom

cracker bream mate!

The hawkesbury sure has some monsters! Got my PB 44cm bream there earlier in the year and it was very very fat weighing spot on 2kg. Took a strip of mullet up at milson island. I'd love to connect with a 45+ on 4lb some time. Would be a cracker of a fight!

COTM for sure :thumbup:

Cheers, Tom

hi tom the bigger bream really fight hard this one was caught on 8 ib .about 20 years ago i caught a biger one on a strip of marinated yellow tail behind danger isl on a hand line nearly cut me hands tying to stop him

hi tom the bigger bream really fight hard this one was caught on 8 ib .about 20 years ago i caught a biger one on a strip of marinated yellow tail behind danger isl on a hand line nearly cut me hands tying to stop him

Yeah unfortunately my 2kg fish hooked up on the jew rod so not too much fun in the fight... Still fought like a small school jew though! The SW corner of dangar isl has loads of nice flatties. Always get some there.. Also found loads of whiting around there at times..

You're the first who I've heard whose said that mate :biggrin2:

Most people who fish the hawkesbury, using bait, anywhere between Juno and Mooney Mooney, will most definitely get catfish any time of year :1prop:

Too true mate! We hired a place at bar pt a year ago and over 3 days fishing off the private jetty, i caught atleast 70 of them. Most on prawns but also had a bigger one take a live mullet... Copped a nasty spike as well.... not much fun

Too true mate! We hired a place at bar pt a year ago and over 3 days fishing off the private jetty, i caught atleast 70 of them. Most on prawns but also had a bigger one take a live mullet... Copped a nasty spike as well.... not much fun

lol touchwood I've never been stung, but have seen disturbing youtube clips!

Yer, for every 1 bream I catch, I pull up around 10-15 catfish eel.

captainpete: They suck on the bait, so you won't know you've got one until you strike or check your bait.