Sydney Kings on fly.

mgj

I landed some kings on fly a few weeks ago,then the weather went south and so did the kings.

I've been waiting for the weather to turn,and after it did this week the kings turned up.

I landed many to 75 cm on fly.The pics are hookups on the 9 and 11 wts.

A good day.

Mark

post-2678-014444900 1350812451_thumb.jpg

post-2678-063523500 1350812485_thumb.jpg

Nice work as I would expect from you Mark :1clap: . Greg hit the water Saturday but decided to stay inside, he lost a very solid king at our favourite spot on a strip of squid. Ran deep, hard, even went into overstrike.

Dan

Dan,

Saturday was great-multiple hookups.The weather deteriorated on Sunday,but I landed a few kings.

You blokes are The kingie fishermen of the Harbour,and it demonstrates that we all get dusted by these beasts

on a regular basis. It makes kingie fishing all the more interesting!

Mark

Nice one...just wanna know the name of the lure you were using if you don't mind and where can I get one...thanks

I use flies,not lures.I know that kings will take jigs and plastics on occasion-but you would be better asking those experts.

They weren't liking plastics at all, had a flickbait with Sfactor on it and didn't even get looked at, either did an octojig off the side of the boat bobbing in the relatively calm conditions.

What they were taking though was a 3 inch gillies baitfish metal slug in a blue colour I was casting out and reeling back in through the schools, had about 6 hookups and the first one I though was a Bonnie until my Siena 2500 with 6lb braid almost spooled itself with the drag locked right up, luckily managed to get it back to the boat after it took me on about 5 runs and did a complete 360 of the boat I was stoked to have a 72cm king on board! Casted straight back out and hooked up again, weirdest king behaviour I have even seen but also the best days fishing I've ever had fr sure !

They weren't liking plastics at all, had a flickbait with Sfactor on it and didn't even get looked at, either did an octojig off the side of the boat bobbing in the relatively calm conditions.

What they were taking though was a 3 inch gillies baitfish metal slug in a blue colour I was casting out and reeling back in through the schools, had about 6 hookups and the first one I though was a Bonnie until my Siena 2500 with 6lb braid almost spooled itself with the drag locked right up, luckily managed to get it back to the boat after it took me on about 5 runs and did a complete 360 of the boat I was stoked to have a 72cm king on board! Casted straight back out and hooked up again, weirdest king behaviour I have even seen but also the best days fishing I've ever had fr sure !

Time to update your Kingfish PB :thumbup: