Brighton Amateur Fishing Club (BAFA)

Geoff

There may be a few Raiders who were also members of BAFA & perhaps not aware the club , due to Management & Financial issues closed recently

I visited a few weeks ago & signs on the gates to the ramp advised of the situation along with advice that some of the previous members are in the process of forming a new club , Muddy Creek Boating & Fishing Club.

If there are any previous BAFA members on FR & would like further information pls send me a PM for a contact phone No..

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

There may be a few Raiders who were also members of BAFA & perhaps not aware the club , due to Management & Financial issues closed recently

I visited a few weeks ago & signs on the gates to the ramp advised of the situation along with advice that some of the previous members are in the process of forming a new club , Muddy Creek Boating & Fishing Club.

If there are any previous BAFA members on FR & would like further information pls send me a PM for a contact phone No..

Geoff

Awwww that is a bit sad, a sign of the times I suppose. Good luck with the new club Geoff.

• 1 year later...

I heard on the radio this morning that the BAFA club is back in business.

No other details advised & unable to find anything on the web . Perhaps others have some information.

When passing , will call in & check out the situation.

Geoff

• 1 year later...
Ever wonder why Brighton Le Sands Amateur Fishermen's Association (Brighton Fishos) was closed and shut down?

Well.... here's a little insight on what happened (please see the MCBAFA website and click on the audio links)

The club rejoined as Muddy Creek Boating and Amateur Fishing Association (MCBAFA) and is still going strong with 280+ members

The 3 cradle slipway is still operating, The Trailer Boat Ramp is key access only (STRICTLY MCBAFA MEMBERS ONLY) and NO JET SKIS

There are facilities to clean your fish and to rinse your boat.

the Muddy Creek Boating and Amateur Fishing Association (MCBAFA) website: http://www.mcbafa.com.au