Port Hacking

Yowie

Pumped some nippers early and drifted the Lilli Pilli flats for one just legal whiting and 2 throw backs. Did get hit by a couple of good bream, with one reel screaming away, but the hooks pulled out each f#@^*#* time! A long time between bites, and bugger all to see swimming around. The whiting of a few weeks ago were absent today.

Tried over near the church camp and found some bream, 4 keepers up to 31cm, but most of them were 24,25 cm throwbacks. Also pulled out 1 blackfish of 36 cm.

Tried a couple of other spots for another whiting, 35 cm, and that was it.

A few surface fish splashing about out from the baths, so threw out a metal lure for only one hit. It was a salmon of a few kilos, but threw the hook on the first jump. Suspect the others were salmon as well.

Well done mate congratulations onthe catch, what do you reckon the fish pulling your hooks were? Back luck on the salmon but you'll get him next time! :yahoo:

One may have been a better size whiting, but 2 were reasonable sized bream, one of them really set the spool on the small reel buzzing, then the hook just let go, still had half the nipper left on it.

One may have been a better size whiting, but 2 were reasonable sized bream, one of them really set the spool on the small reel buzzing, then the hook just let go, still had half the nipper left on it.

Nice feed anyway Yowie....now you know my frustrations from the other week when I was pulling hooks on all the flatties :1badmood:

Nice feed anyway Yowie....now you know my frustrations from the other week when I was pulling hooks on all the flatties :1badmood:

Just one of those days, when not a lot about and the better fish just keep falling off the hook. Have had it happen before, just gives you the shits.