Stockton Beach

mushtaka

Hey Raiders, i am heading up to Anna Bay next week and wanted to fish Stockton beach. I am going up with my wife and kids so i only have one shot at hitting the beach for a night fish or morning fish. I was after any tips on fishing stockton beach at early morn or night.

Going for one thing: A massive Jewfish

Questions:

1) Do i just pull up at any gutter or is there a better place to fish more than others (Nth end/south end/ middle)?

2) Is it best to fish an hour either side of the high? early morning or night?

3) Best bait options?

4) or should i just not fish the beach and just drive to the break wall?

If you don't want to share your tips here publicly, feel free to PM me.

I would appreciate any help!

THANKS!

Mushtaka!

Edited by mushtaka

use dto go ther all the time when i was younger. 10 years ago. allots changed, resorts being built, no access to big dunes, some of the smaller dunes are flattened out, just not the same.

but for fishing, cant really advise about times, tides, moon etc..... but last time i was there caught flatties, bream and salmon on pilchard cubes, simple running sinker rig. the salmon were literally jumping out of the water 20 meters away from us, and the was in the middle of winter. bring some slugs n mettals and mabe light gear to play with the salmon. sorry i cant give you tips on jews n that, but is a great days fishing. you wont go home dissapointed if you use simple methods and know what your doing. good luck! tell us how you go!

fished middle of day on rising tide, in a gutter.

you could literally see schools of slmon in the waves, and schools of whiting in the shallows.

cant wait to go back!

cheers,

Sean221

Majority of success I've had with jewfish at Stockton Beach has been big fresh squid or mullet baits or live mullet and whiting. Tailor heads work well but are difficult to rig.

The breakwall is the easy option but take a 12' gaff and especially take care. It's not hard to get hurt there. I prefer evenings, I find a good gutter with a distinct channel and fish there with enough lead to plant the bait. If you're using live bait in a quick current it might pay to bridle hook then through the nose rather than the tail.

With co-op bought squid try and find some with flouro still in the eyes.

Good luck.

THANKS guys! That is a great help!

I think i will stick to the beach and have a night sesh.

Maybe i will try to land a Salmon or Tailor 1st as live bait and then send them out! I will also take some fresh squid as bait for back up!

Will let you know how i go!

thumbup.gif

Stockton fishes well from the 7 to 13km mark from the birubi entrance. Look for gutters. Out going tide best. Mullet strips work well as do fresh squid baits. Always schools of salmon and tailor about in the evening.

But an even better beach spot around the corner is middle rock. Im a local up here and theres been some good reports of jew and groper there last week.

Good luck and look forward to report.