wanna get me some fishies!

hadrianfry

Gentlemen and ladies!

I call upon your skills once again :D

Heading up to forster next week (26-27 november)

I have checked out Roberta's tips on nabbing beach worms and will give that a shot. But seeing as I will be with my new fishing buddy (who a few weeks ago nabbed his first decent fishy thanks to your kind words :D) I wanted some specific tips on where to go around forster. We are gonna hire a boat (any input about that would be wonderful too) and will be going for whiting, flathead, bream, and hopefully maybe some jews/kingfish/bonito/tailor with some freshly caught live bait.

youtube has shown me poppers work on whiting...but they neglected to tell me where they find the whiting. is it anywhere? where on earth do those little beauties like to hide out?

So please, help a struggling fisher and his buddy out :D

um...rigs and rods: slightly chunky(10kg) 8' pelagic rod, and a couple lighter rods. Mostly using soft plastics, but ganging up the big rod with the live baits.

Thanks in advance! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Another raider was asking same questions in the chat section.

The best results ive had for whiting were the sand flats near the bridges ocean side.

Any of the racks fish well. Look for back eddys especially on the out going tide.

Good luck.

had a go, found a couple flats where whiting were hanging about, was trying them on poppers but wind was really up (it was the day that massive fire started)

got a bunch of average flatties, some where quite fun to pull in (only about 30-40cm). they all went back into the drink :)

Forster marina boat hire...our boat died just when (i am pretty sure) my mate had hooked up a MASSIVE flattie. but cause we had such light gear, and the motor died...grrrr! we lost it. never even had a chance to find out what it coulda been. next time i go forster i reckon i will read-up on Roberta's worming tips. All in all we still had a nice day...and a dolphin practically splashed us...which was very nice.

had a go, found a couple flats where whiting were hanging about, was trying them on poppers but wind was really up (it was the day that massive fire started)

got a bunch of average flatties, some where quite fun to pull in (only about 30-40cm). they all went back into the drink :)

Forster marina boat hire...our boat died just when (i am pretty sure) my mate had hooked up a MASSIVE flattie. but cause we had such light gear, and the motor died...grrrr! we lost it. never even had a chance to find out what it coulda been. next time i go forster i reckon i will read-up on Roberta's worming tips. All in all we still had a nice day...and a dolphin practically splashed us...which was very nice.

Good to hear you got amongst it! Would have been nice to land the big fella. Oh we'll that's fishing!

Good to hear you got amongst it! Would have been nice to land the big fella. Oh we'll that's fishing!

i just noticed you were from port stephens....will be heading to fly point on friday arvo/eve/night if you were possibly gonna be in the area? I aint sure what to target out there as it is hard to get relevant details off the web. i figure it's the norm rig, try some softs, throw out some berley, try catch a few mullet and go from there? might look at a squid or two maybe. will be snorkeling on sat morning so if i fail friday night will just try and grab a few fish by hand :1prop:

I'm actually in the blue Mtns on Friday/Saturday, sorry.

But if you looking for squid, you can't go past the kelt beds in shoal bay and around tomaree headland. Not that familiar with fly point but as the warmer water pushes down there are lots about!!! Good luck and let me know how u go!

it was freakin freezing in the water! went snorkeling with a couple friends and my brother and his kid instead of fishing. saw some very nice bream 50-60cms easy! but yeah, didnt even throw a line in...food and booze got in the way :P (had friends down from darwin who weren't that keen on a fish)