Some kingy action over the weekend

Formosan

1353406125[/url]' post='461500']

Hey buddy,

FINALLY!! You just gave me the kingy bug.

Great to see they are starting to make an appearance.

Looks like you've got a head start on quintrex480 lol.

Great work, as usual.

Cheers Daniel

Hahaha head start? I am saving my first kingy post when I get stuck into them hoodies! Hehehe been plagued by rats lately in the bay.You been putting the new downrigger to use yet Dan?

Great video boys! And good to see you get your priorities right and put the phone down and pick up that reel. Well done!!!

Thanks.

Yeh was on the phone to Quintrex480. Told him we found a patch of kings.

Was waiting for you guys to put up post of kingies. Nice job.

These are alright for a fight for kingy virgins, Just getting a mate into his first kingie.

Also Happy to hook them trolling rapala Xraps.

Got some footage so might as well put it together and share.

well done there guys. You fellas are a model of consistency.

Cheers

Thanks. Looking forward to see your exploits this summer too.

Hey buddy,

FINALLY!! You just gave me the kingy bug.

Great to see they are starting to make an appearance.

Looks like you've got a head start on quintrex480 lol.

Great work, as usual.

Cheers Daniel

yeh they are coming.

Dan, You ditch the anchor and got a Downrigger? Seeya round and up and down the bay.

Hahaha head start? I am saving my first kingy post when I get stuck into them hoodies! Hehehe been plagued by rats lately in the bay.You been putting the new downrigger to use yet Dan?

Yeh hoodies where it counts. First hoodie in/from the bay this season still up for grabs. Are the kings really inside the bay yet? :) Heard there are nice jews in the cooks river instead. :biggrin2:

Edited by Formosan

Hey mate,

I thought that would make you laugh lol.

Yeah I gave the downrigger a little workout on Saturday in the bay. I was sounding around the oil wharf, when I picked up a fairbit of activity. I rigged up a squid and did a few passes but had not takers.

I then anchored up on the western side of the oil wharf, and noticed hundreds of yakkas all round the boat. That's what I must have picked up on the sounder.

I did fish the harbour a few weeks ago and I found a good squid spot heheh. We managed 4 squid, Went outside north head, a little bumpy but set up a squid on the DR and started a slow troll north. Didn't last to long, my dad decided

He would start a natural burley trail lol. Had to head back in and drop him off at ramp. Only managed a few Trevally that

Day.

Have you had a chance to get out?

Hey mate,

I thought that would make you laugh lol.

Yeah I gave the downrigger a little workout on Saturday in the bay. I was sounding around the oil wharf, when I picked up a fairbit of activity. I rigged up a squid and did a few passes but had not takers.

I then anchored up on the western side of the oil wharf, and noticed hundreds of yakkas all round the boat. That's what I must have picked up on the sounder.

I did fish the harbour a few weeks ago and I found a good squid spot heheh. We managed 4 squid, Went outside north head, a little bumpy but set up a squid on the DR and started a slow troll north. Didn't last to long, my dad decided

He would start a natural burley trail lol. Had to head back in and drop him off at ramp. Only managed a few Trevally that

Day.

Have you had a chance to get out?

Good to see you dropping the 'bomb' down, soon enough that elastic will pop and there'll be a nice big hoodie on the end of your line biggrin2.gif

Yeah the yakkas seem to be everywhere right now, I see huge schools around mollie on the sounder, hopefully the bigger kings will be coming inside chasing them.

I've been able to get out a few times lately, a few weeks ago, I lost 6 squid to 7 rat kings. Should have just kept the squid to eat hehehe biggrin2.gif

Was out on the same day as Formosan in the video he posted, was a tough morning squidding, think the rain had something to do with it, I only ended up with a cuttlefish. So whilst Formosan was chasing kings, I went and got a couple of bream for dinner.

As for the first botany hoodie, I wish you all the luck Dan!

Somehow I got this gut feeling that someone is going to land one this weekend. biggrin2.gif

Awesome fishing mate, Big fan!!! It looks like you were trolling in the middle of the day? Is that right lol and do you fund the x raps better than the cheaper bibbed luresThanx :)

Thanks. Yeh trolling in the middle of the day. Cant beat Rapala xrap magnum for quality.

Xrap worked really well for this in this other video

What were you guys using to jig up the kings ? On the video it looked more like a skirt lure rather than a knife jig? Can you put up some photos curious to see.

Cheers

They are knife jigs with a squid skirt over the hook.

Just watch out for my report! :biggrin2:

Good luck.!