Annual Trip to Glenbawn

Dalucius

Geoff and I arrived at Glenbawn Dam last Sunday to meet up with Stewy, Donna, Steve (Stewy's brother) and Julie (Steve's wife, this was Julie's first time).

We quickly unpacked and went out for a fish, Geoff caught a couple of bass and I was unsuccessful. After getting back to our cabin and talking to the others I felt better as they said how tough the bass were to catch this year.

post-1141-075626400 1354255049_thumb.jpg post-1141-071387900 1354255052_thumb.jpg

Over the next few sessions of watching Geoff catch a few Bass I was very excited when I finally caught a couple both around 37cm.

Thursday morning we went out to try to beat the heat I caught a nice fish on a long cast through some trees.

I threw in behind a couple of dead trees on a rocky point and my spinnerbait got slammed buy a 44cm bass my PB. It fought a lot harder than I thought it would and after a few happy pics I sent it on it's merry way.

post-1141-061176300 1354255055_thumb.jpg

As usual with our Glenbawn trip it was really hot during the days with a storm in the late afternoons.

Each night we gathered to eat dinner together and exchange stories. Thanks everyone for making our trip a good one. Geoff said the mash was great.

Until next time cya Lyn

Edited by Dalucius

Well done Lyn excellent fish. Don't you just love the way they nearly rip the rod out of your hand when they hit your spinnerbait. I hope you get catch of the month with that big girl

I had a good grip on the rod as I knew they would hit hard. I was surprised just how hard though and I had to use both hands to lift the rod at times.

44cm from the sticks and on spinnerbait, would have hit like a freight train! Couldn't get much better than that!! Congrats on the new PB aswell! Glenbawn fish look to be really fat at the moment!

It sure did hit like a freight train. It was fantastic feeling fighting to keep her from the trees. Once I got her clear of the sticks she headed straight under the boat - another challenge, keeping her away from the props. Every fish caught was in excellent condition.

Thanks guys

Lyn

Edited by Dalucius

Thats a great effort from the the area you were fishing and I am sure that Glenbawn Bass hit spinnerbaits the hardest I have ever known :1yikes: thats a great upgrade as well on your previous PB...WELL DONE LYN :yahoo:

Regards Stewy

Well done, Lyn!! thumbup.gifyahoo.gif AWESOME fish!! And on a spinner bait, to boot!! It will be your 'fav lure' from now on, I reckon! Us Aussies still don't tend to use them much!!

Congratulations on your PB Bass - that 44cm sure would have 'gone'!! Having tossed it in amongst the trees, you obviously did some good maneuvers to get it out!! They know where to go when they feel the sting of a hook!!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Well done, Lyn!! thumbup.gifyahoo.gif AWESOME fish!! And on a spinner bait, to boot!! It will be your 'fav lure' from now on, I reckon! Us Aussies still don't tend to use them much!!

Congratulations on your PB Bass - that 44cm sure would have 'gone'!! Having tossed it in amongst the trees, you obviously did some good maneuvers to get it out!! They know where to go when they feel the sting of a hook!!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Thanks Roberta. We always use spinnerbaits at Glenbawn.

It was a bit hairy but with Geoff on the minn kota and a few quick maneuvers we got it in the net.

If only it wasn't so hot there.

We will have to catch up soon

Regards

Lyn

Let me know if you ever get up this way, Lyn - we could chase some blackies! biggrin2.gif Sadly, the town will be invaded by tourists pretty soon, til halfway thru January, so the fishing will be patchy til after they leave! 1badmood.gif

Good luck on the Nepean!!

Roberta