Hyams Beach

chewie

The Guiness book of records claims Hyams beach to have the whitest sand in the world.

Armed with a few Nippers i went for a flick this morning and caught some Rays, Whiting, Bream, Tarwhine, Salmon and Blackfish.

Might consider calling them Luderick from now on as there was nothing "Black" about the 3 x 40cm+ specimens we landed.

check out the colour of these fish coming off the beautiful clean Sand!

post-17369-081590200 1354435749_thumb.jpg

post-17369-095621900 1354435767_thumb.jpg

post-17369-032539600 1354435783_thumb.jpg

Chewie

Is that at Chinaman's beach or the one that goes to the Naval Base - my daugher and I sometimes fish at the northern end Chinamans (not too seriously)when we stay there. I have mostly caught small salmon and rays - nothing worth keeping - but it is a beautiful part of the world. I have seen whiting in the water down near the Naval Base - I think they know where the sanctuary zone starts.

Great colours on those fish! Well done mate!

What did you catch them on? Blades? Plastics?

Hey mate,

They were all caught on live nippers. getting live bait down there was the hardest bit as none of the shops sold any.

Is that at Chinaman's beach or the one that goes to the Naval Base - my daugher and I sometimes fish at the northern end Chinamans (not too seriously)when we stay there. I have mostly caught small salmon and rays - nothing worth keeping - but it is a beautiful part of the world. I have seen whiting in the water down near the Naval Base - I think they know where the sanctuary zone starts.

Its Hyams. the long one that goes to the Naval base. Plenty of whiting can be seen if the lights right.