Clyde River

Tulz

Report is a little late but anyway......

Hit the Clyde in late November, the plan was to chase Jewies at night and morning and have a flick around for whatever during the lighter hours. We fished the river from the bridge up to big island. We had a couple of decent runs on live tailor and fresh squid but didn't land anything apart from a few rays and a good sized shovel nose on my super light gear which was a bit of fun. Plastics didn't help our cause either with our quest for Jew. There was one cracking run where 150m of line was stripped so quickly but it wasn't to be as it was lost in amongst the moored boats around the bridge.

We did manage a few flatties and tailor but not much else. One thing that was interesting (moreso frustrating) was the amount of undersized flathead we caught. We must have returned dozens and dozens over the 3 days we fished. Speaking to a few other fishos down there and they all said the same thing. Oh well there's always next time and they should be bigger by then!

i fished down there landbased roughly the same time as you, we did the same from under the bridge, lots of U/S flatties but the boys next to us got some bigger ones on small pillies rigged whole on two hooks, I used nippers from one of the local flats north of the bridge, good bait but probably doesn't attract the bigger, wiser flatheads

Other reports from South Coast rivers indicate there are many undersize flatties about in the lakes and rivers at present. Shows they have been breeding in recent years, and that is why the big breeders should be returned, which most responsible fishos do these days.

I'm down there quite a bit. Its mainly small flatties and bream. I had some thing dissapear off with a live Yakka the other night, so there are some big buggers out there.

Pulled in a 49cm and a 46cm flattie a few weeks back just inland of the bridge.

I went out off Maloneys Beach last Saturday and Sunday, out of the dozen or so Flattys landed in the boat only 2 were keepers (on sat arvo) left them in the live tank and released them for the next time I'm hungry, Sunday morning however was a different story, dozens of under size fish all in between 30cm and 35cm. All caught on dead prawns and squid..

Still a great couple of days out though..