Question For Hobie Pro Angler owners...

rjc123

Have you got the bars that run over the tailgate? Think they are called Ladder bars or some such. Or is it just the standard Tray?

If it's the standard tray i would suggest a Ratchet Strap tie down, laid loose under the Yak when you load it up, then crank the ratchet to lift the rear of the Yak up, close the tailgate and loosen the strap. Or a rope tied to one end, laid flat across the breadth of the tail end of the tray with a open loop for you to wrap around your foot and step down on to lift the Yak.

If you had a bar, it would be just a simple matter of a looped end rope over the end of the Yak, then wrap the other end around your raised foot, use your body weight to pull the end of the yak up :)

Edited by LungFai

Thanks for the suggestions, Lungfai - mine is a tiny Suzuki Ute (no bigger than a Ford Laser). That is my Hobie Sport on the bottom. the racks are showing, as Keith's yak is longer than the whole car & goes on top!

post-2231-076521800 1355434114_thumb.jpg

My husband made a rear rack for it - so I should make up a simpe pulley with hooks to the bar & the yak & that should work too, tying it off to the side of the ute.

The other day was the first time I'd hoisted the yak up using my shoulder since it has been diagnosed as a torn rotator cuff & maybe I over-compensated trying to do it so the shoulder didn't hurt (plus I had a nice shirt on & I didn't want to get it dirty from the bottom of the yak ....... so my technique this time was terribly compromised ) - it was also very uncomfortable & still hurt (that I have done thousands of times previously!) mad3.gif

cheers

Roberta

Where there is a will, there is a way!! Went & got 2 double pulleys & rigged it onto the rear rack! All going well, I'll test it out tomorrow! :biggrin2::yahoo:

Edited by Roberta