Monster flatty in the bay

innovative

Hi fellow Raiders,

This is a bit of late post but thought I'd share it anyway :).

Headed out into the bay late sat arvo with a few newbie friends to try and get them onto some fish.

The plan of attack was to head straight for the bait grounds to try and get some yakkas (which proved very difficult) but we managed a couple, then to head to the oil wharf to try for some Trevors and bream ( donuts). How ever we did manage to find a few more yakkas. We filled up the tank and headed to the runway to try our luck with the Jews, armed with about 10 or so live yellow tail and a couple of fresh hawksbury squid ( bought) we fished the area for a couple of hours for zilch. At this stage things were getting frustrating, being about 12pm and one bream in the bucket, which I forgot to mention was caught on 4lb line and a size 10 hook while fishing for the yakkas.... boy that was exciting. I decided to pull anchor and go for a drift Ib search for some passing Jews and hopefully a couple of lizards to complete the feed. We had 4 rods out 2 jewie setups (one armed with big strip of sqiud and the other with a live yakka ,and 2 standard ones for the lizards. We drifted for about 15- 20 mins and Bang the little rod bends over. A nice 44cm flattly comes on board. Into the bucket he goes and back out the baits go.

As we are waiting with anticipation I see my rod with the live yellow tail start to dance...... I get up of my seat and wait before I see weight on the tip and my bait runner starts to scream zzzzzzzzz at this stage I'm thinking yeah baby she's a Jew but then the aggression stops... I let her take a bit more and then strike IM ON and the tug of war begins. Are first I'm thinking a big shovel nose??? Good weight but not much fight, but then I start to feel the head shakes, she's definitely not a shovel nose! I final get her to the side of the boat and you would not believe it was a monster lizard.. we tried to get her back into the water as quick as we could but she was just to exhausted.. here are the picks she went 88cm and fat as.

Just curious has anyone had any luck lately with Jews in the bay???

Hi fellow Raiders,

This is a bit of late post but thought I'd share it anyway :).

Headed out into the bay late sat arvo with a few newbie friends to try and get them onto some fish.

The plan of attack was to head straight for the bait grounds to try and get some yakkas (which proved very difficult) but we managed a couple, then to head to the oil wharf to try for some Trevors and bream ( donuts). How ever we did manage to find a few more yakkas. We filled up the tank and headed to the runway to try our luck with the Jews, armed with about 10 or so live yellow tail and a couple of fresh hawksbury squid ( bought) we fished the area for a couple of hours for zilch. At this stage things were getting frustrating, being about 12pm and one bream in the bucket, which I forgot to mention was caught on 4lb line and a size 10 hook while fishing for the yakkas.... boy that was exciting. I decided to pull anchor and go for a drift Ib search for some passing Jews and hopefully a couple of lizards to complete the feed. We had 4 rods out 2 jewie setups (one armed with big strip of sqiud and the other with a live yakka ,and 2 standard ones for the lizards. We drifted for about 15- 20 mins and Bang the little rod bends over. A nice 44cm flattly comes on board. Into the bucket he goes and back out the baits go.

As we are waiting with anticipation I see my rod with the live yellow tail start to dance...... I get up of my seat and wait before I see weight on the tip and my bait runner starts to scream zzzzzzzzz at this stage I'm thinking yeah baby she's a Jew but then the aggression stops... I let her take a bit more and then strike IM ON and the tug of war begins. Are first I'm thinking a big shovel nose??? Good weight but not much fight, but then I start to feel the head shakes, she's definitely not a shovel nose! I final get her to the side of the boat and you would not believe it was a monster lizard.. we tried to get her back into the water as quick as we could but she was just to exhausted.. here are the picks she went 88cm and fat as.

Just curious has anyone had any luck lately with Jews in the bay???

post-21030-065974400 1355986430_thumb.jpg

Great fish mate , i can understand the trouble getting the old girl going again i had the same problem with my PB 74cm lizard i caught last year but she was lucky it took me a good 10 mins swimming her along side the boat before she took off in a hurry.thumbup.gif