Curse of the camera!

jenno64

Headed out before 7am on Sunday morning to the lower Georges around CC bridge. Had my new GoPro camera mounted next to my sounder, hoping for some decent footage of my outing. Had a poke around the bridge pylons and then through a usual haunt of a channel but no customers. Decided to head over to the entrance of Woolooware Bay and noticed a fair bump on my heaviest oufit whilst trolling in under 2m of water near some old leases. I reached over to turn on the GoPro and settled into the fight with what felt like a cracking fish. After 2 minutes of me chasing this fish around and a few short bursts of drag ripping runs, the camera switched off.....battery dead :ranting2: I had to get my other lines in as the fish had doubled back under the yak and soon enough she came up from the murky water...big fish! I slipped the front half of her into my large silicon net and she gave me a soaking with some amazing tail beats. I managed to lift her into the yak and got a still photo from the GoPro before it carked it for good. I also slipped out my phone and filmed the release.

Without a lie detector, I didn't get an exact measurement but she looked and weighed herself into the 80s. It's my 3rd fish of that size since November and I'm hoping to have some decent footage of the whole fight and release next time. BTW apart from a puffer and a small reddy, she was the only fish of the day! :mad3:

post-4017-039256800 1356432131_thumb.jpg

post-4017-003479800 1356432168_thumb.jpg

Guest Aussie007

nice catch mate and thats the usual case one fish and its a big'en catching quality fish like that shows people are releasing these amazing but ugly fish :biggrin2: ive recently changed to targeting flatties and my catch has greatly improved over the elusive kingy

Edited by gazza

Rob

Great looking flatty once again.. looks like you have worked out how to bribe these big girls into your yak!

You using plastics or hardbodies?

I was also fishing near the old oyster leases a few days back and landed a fair few flatties on plastics... nothing of great size though!

See you around

Trung

Rob

Great looking flatty once again.. looks like you have worked out how to bribe these big girls into your yak!

You using plastics or hardbodies?

I was also fishing near the old oyster leases a few days back and landed a fair few flatties on plastics... nothing of great size though!

See you around

Trung

Trung,

Hard bodies came through again.....I find that I cover Moore water trolling and just keep my eye on the sounder to locate likely spots. Bring on the light winds!!

Edited by jenno64

There's nothing like seeing one of those big girls swimming back down to replenish the flattie population. I think the reason there are more good size flathead caught is because fisho's like you, know how important it is to release our breeding stock!:thumbup: Regards Jeff