Swansea Channel

funnierthanu

Decided to travel up to swansea last night for a fish before going back to work.Arrived there at 4.30 to fish for bream till dark then try for some whiting after the sun goes down. The nor eastern was howling , last week was the southerly when i fished , headed up the channel and fished on the sand bar next to the airport .The tide had just changed so the boat was swing madly from side to side . This is perfect conditions for bream and whiting conditions as the baits drag along the bottom when the boat swings . We managed 20 bream in 2 hours before dark. Funny thing is most of the bream were full of stimulate berly which i didnt use , i dont use berly .Must have been someone elses burly.

With night fall came the prawns and then the whiting , every prawn was a fish ,it was none stop till 11 when we called it a night .

post-9468-090512700 1357525203_thumb.jpg

Hey Mr Funny !

Long time no hear from you.

Jeez mate - took you two whole hours to bag out on the bream ?

You must have been slouching around or something :1yikes:

Mate you never disappoint with your catches.

And the whiting look like good fish too.

Are the fish spawning ?

They certainly are in Botany Bay.

I got one last week at 47.5cm,.

Anyways, mate well done - excellent catch and give us a bell if you're keen on fishing the bay in my boat - just gotta replace that blown wheel bearing from yesterday....

Tony

Hey Mr Funny !

Long time no hear from you.

Jeez mate - took you two whole hours to bag out on the bream ?

You must have been slouching around or something :1yikes:

Mate you never disappoint with your catches.

And the whiting look like good fish too.

Are the fish spawning ?

They certainly are in Botany Bay.

I got one last week at 47.5cm,.

Anyways, mate well done - excellent catch and give us a bell if you're keen on fishing the bay in my boat - just gotta replace that blown wheel bearing from yesterday....

Tony

Big Tony

I have been missing your posts , 47.5 has pertek written all over it ,no fish spawning , just full of prawns , will try to get to the bay with you this year, its on the bucket list .

Cheers