massive mullet

Pro_pizano

After landing a few carp last week went back to the nepean. I got stuck into the mullet this time. I know they are a stinky no good fish but these guys were pretty big for fresh water, and were willing to put up a good fight. Some massive ones showed up, the biggest of the day was just shy of 44cm and was fat as a tank. They were all caught on mmy 2-4 rob, with 4 lb line under a small pencil. I also have a carp pic from last weekpost-22364-0-75283000-1357993617_thumb.jpgpost-22364-0-26653700-1357993665_thumb.jpgpost-22364-0-55349100-1357993692_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

lol, no they were kept alive in a keeper net. I took a few quick snaps and let em go. They all swam away even though one was stuggling for a minute or two. I was wondering if freshwater mullet make good salt water baits. Ive been told that carp makes excellent bait off the beach, never tried it though, the thought of lugging o the beach and of cuting up the stinky thing has put me off. Any one tried.

To answer you Q mistro it a spot near warragamba river meets nepean. I also caught a rainbow trout there, on bread believe it or not.