Hawksbury River launching and fishing

Swaz

My brother and I are hitting the Hawksbury/ Broken Bay area Wednesday for a fish and to sight see.

I would like to target:

Flatties

Bonnito/Tailor

Squid

The plan at the moment is to launch at the large ramp off the F3 at Brooklyn and head straight to West Head for squid anything else that is there busting up the surface.

Then into the river around Dangar Island for some more flatties.

Then...

My questions are: Can anyone suggest some spots to try please? Brother coming from Western Syd and I from the North. Is Brooklyn a suitable launching spot?

Flathead can be found all over the area with the bigger ones around the sand flats at the north side of Ettalong beach. Parsley bay is a great ramp with good parking, toilets, cleaning tables, a pontoon wharf and it's free. Tailor if you can find them will be between Lion Island and West Head. Bonito ( has to be the best fresh bait you can get ) can be caught just about anywhere trolling close to the rocks outside the heads if around on that day. Good Luck Jeff

Guest Aussie007

Swaz out near the heads there is a shallow reefy area its called "middle bank" look it up on this App http://www.navionics.com/en/ i dont fish without it! i use my iphone it puts me onto all the shallow and drop off area for flatties middle bank is only small and narrow but if u drift it u will find flatties on either sides or look around the area for tide swirls around in the water this can be anywhere from the F3 boat ramp down to the heads when u find these spots stop and drift thru these as the flatties are on the bottom ambushing all the bait that the swirling water mixes up on the bottom