Sow and Pigs Reef

Muzza416

Hi to all, just wanted to ask if anyone has had success around sow and pigs in Sydney Harbour and around the wedding cake buoys for King fish, also any dangers to look out for whilst fishing really early in the morning,, any info is appreciated..

The harbour is peobably safest in the morning with minimal traffic and no ferries.. Just keep your lights on, your eyes on the water and sounder on if you have one.

Kings yet to appear inside in consistent numbers but they are there if you look for them. Never caught one at sow and pigs so also interested in tips.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by tasksta

Well thanks for the info guys, seeing ill be close to south head, ill give south head a go after sow and pigs,,hopefully this Saturday morning if the rain stays away... ill be after my first Kingy.... Cheers, Muzza

Hi Muzza,

Scored a couple of Kingys on Monday at Sow and Pigs . Was burlying up Slimies and they turned up in the trail.

I had live squid, slimies, yellowtail, sluggos and Poppers but they wouldnt touch anything other then unweighted 4lb hand lines and my bait jigs . Ended up putting on a slightly bigger/heavier bait jig cut in half which resulted in a couple of rats on seperate drops , both undersize around 55cm but still fun .

Mitch

• 7 months later...