Advice needed on new boat

brighton le sands

Hey raiders!!

Im finally buying a boat in which i can use to fish around Botany Bay, my dad has given me a budget of around 12 grand. im looking into buying an aluminium fishing boat to use around botany bay and will appreciate any advice i can take. Ill be fitting around 2-3 people in the boat, and because of that i wouldnt mind a nice stable boat bigger than 4m. If you guys can suggest a few decent boats fit for this purpose or give me advice on my current selections, i would really appreciate it:

1- 2007 quintrex 420 dory wide body with a 30hp yamaha motor for $8500

2- brand new quintrex renegade 420 with 30hp motor for $11790

3- 2005 stacer 455 seahorse with 50 hp yamaha tiller steer with electric start and trim and tilt. (fully rigged for fishing) for $11950

4- 2009 brooker 450 seaman centre console (converted) with 40 hp yamaha motor for $8000

Thanks in advance guys!! hope to see u on the water soon.

Billy

Edited by brighton le sands

No. 3. Stacer are good boats & thats an excelant size motor for your requirements , also , you will find the Elec start & power tilt, over time , invaluable.

When you say "fully rigged" could you expand on that .

The key items should be , bilge pump , depth sounder , nav lights, burley bucket & all the safety gear , not necessarly in that order

Geoff

Yes, the stacer contains all of the items you mentioned. can you please elaborate what elec start and power tilt actually does? as im a bit confused in that aspect. Do you reckon the stacer will handle botany bays sometimes choppy conditions, when put in comparison with the quintrex??

E.S. & P.T. , In essence , it is conveinience. It's much easier to press a button to start or tilt the motor than to do it manually.

The trim is very handy as you can adjust the motor position to get the best boat position to suit the load or conditions whilst on the water.

Stacer V's Quinterx. It's a bit like Ford V's Holden. There are those who prefer one or the other. At the end of the day , their both good boats & will have similar ride & performance.

Personally , I would be focusing on the internal layout , space & general setup. The Stacer is the largest of your 4 options & with 3 people + gear , the 50hp is a big plus.

Geoff