finally a little jew

mr.e.p.d

Decided to hit Kissing point wharf last night to see if there were any jews biting and was quite surprised. Fished here once before for a few small bream and flatty but thought id try my luck once more.

Arrived about 9.30pm to find half of the locals packing the jetty. :gathering: with no where to fish i stood there for nearly a hr ,watching someone pull in a bucket load of under sized taylor :ranting2:

Where a fisheries when you need them. I kept telling him to throw them back but he couldnt understand.

He soon left so i jumped down and started fishing. I threw out a strip of squid and stood back and waited, not much happening i thought id chech my bait and try again.

Re baited and casted right out into the darkness, ten minute pass, bump, bump.... felling a few bumps i strike and im on. Straight away i know its nothing big but keep the pressure on.

After a quick little battle i see a flash of silver and know i have a little jew, quickly pick him up with my heart racing a million beats a minute.

a qiuck little measure and pic and send him back on his way, much to the surpise of the others standing there :1onono: . stayed for a few more hours but nothing else really happening.

Not the best place to get one but i finally got the monkey off my back :thumbup: . He went about 48cm . post-23247-0-54939300-1359325963_thumb.jpg

He went around 48cm. the pic wasnt the best , i know it all happened quick and i wanted to get him back in the water.

cheers evan.

Hay does anyone know is there a direct number to reach fisheries officers when you see people taking undersized fish. I once said something to a guy and almost got hit for it.But really gets my goat and wish we could do more on this.

I agree. I think it's more about conservation not consumption .

Top stuff. I was there yesterday during the day. We were the only ones there then it got packed as. Shit place to fish but close to home so may as well wet some line. Don't bother saying anything to the people who keep undersized fish. You'll either get ignored, cop an ear full, or be threatened.

The fisheries are hopeless. What do they do, stand at popular boat ramps. They want their job to be easy as possible. Wait at the ramp and check boats. They need to be more active and check places by going to the spot, parking the car and getting down onto the jetty or wharf. They do have a direct number, check the sticky in fishing chat called illegal fishing. I used to fish the wharfs quite often a while back. 80% of the time the police boat would stop up at the wharf and check licenses and fish. Its hilarious watching people piss bolt to their cars.

Ive only ever had success with telling someone to release a fish once. At that was after the dead shit was sitting there measuring it for about 10 minutes. 15cm bream is a 15cm bream no matter how many times you measure it.

Edited by SargeRX8

Top stuff. I was there yesterday during the day. We were the only ones there then it got packed as. Shit place to fish but close to home so may as well wet some line. Don't bother saying anything to the people who keep undersized fish. You'll either get ignored, cop an ear full, or be threatened.

The fisheries are hopeless. What do they do, stand at popular boat ramps. They want their job to be easy as possible. Wait at the ramp and check boats. They need to be more active and check places by going to the spot, parking the car and getting down onto the jetty or wharf. They do have a direct number, check the sticky in fishing chat called illegal fishing. I used to fish the wharfs quite often a while back. 80% of the time the police boat would stop up at the wharf and check licenses and fish. Its hilarious watching people piss bolt to their cars.

Ive only ever had success with telling someone to release a fish once. At that was after the dead shit was sitting there measuring it for about 10 minutes. 15cm bream is a 15cm bream no matter how many times you measure it.

So true, I wouldn't fish there normally but thought there was a chance a few Jews would be around. Some people take all the fun out fishing, and destroy chances for fish to breed .

Hay does anyone know is there a direct number to reach fisheries officers when you see people taking undersized fish. I once said something to a guy and almost got hit for it. But really gets my goat and wish we could do more on this.

hey mate just pack your things up and walk back to HIS car take a photo of his number plate and record all the details of this idiot, most phones these days allow video to be taken so even record him throwing undersize fish into his bucket. go to fisheries website and fill out the report for illegal fishing.

Hi Buddy, It really annoys me when people keep or mistreat under-size fish. I carry this card in my wallet and when I spot someone keeping under-size fish I ask them politely to release the fish. If they get stroppy I show them the card and dial the number. I did this once at Kissing Point and this young couple did the bolt. Only last week at Greenwich I saw an bearded bloke catch an under-size fish and throw it on the grass so his kids could play with it by poking it with a stick. I suggested the fish should be released. He said he kept it so the kids could have some fun (setting a great example). I showed him the card and he soon had the fish in the water. He then went back and spoke to all his family and friends in his own tongue (about 12 of them) . They all looked at me with concern went for their buckets and threw a few fish back. Some times I also ask if they could show me their fishing license which 95% don't have. I don't recommend you confront people, however I think they need be accountable for their actions.

The number is 1800 043 536.

Well done on the jew, wishing you plenty more upgrades in the future.

post-15089-0-76523200-1359357530_thumb.jpg

hey mate just pack your things up and walk back to HIS car take a photo of his number plate and record all the details of this idiot, most phones these days allow video to be taken so even record him throwing undersize fish into his bucket. go to fisheries website and fill out the report for illegal fishing.

Thanks for the tip mate saves a punch to the face

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Well done mate on getting your first Jew, and to see it live another day even better!

You ask about how to contact Fisheries the 1800 043 536 Interactive Voice Recognition IVR system has been reworked in recent months and now lets you log an issue a little more quickly if unattended (I hope).

During office hours 8.30am-4pm calls should be answered by a person, details taken and the issue redirected to the identified Fisheries Office and officers.

If it is outside hours or there are a number of calls waiting it will be diverted to the IVR system.

The first menu is 4 points, 1 Suspicious Fishing Activity 2 Fish Kill 3 High Risk High Value Activity (like Abalone or Rock Lobster poaching), 4 General Inquires, it then drops to the second menu for each topic closing in on the region i.e. Far North Coast, North Coast etc. then a third menu for the Fisheries office location i.e. Tweed Heads, Ballina etc. Then by leaving the incident details and your contact information the IVR and smart phone technology take over, email and SMS messages are sent to the office and local Fisheries Officer where the incident is assessed for urgency, staff in the field, and acted upon.

No worries there is a back too if you don’t get it right, it will be directed to ‘Mr Solve It’, who will fix it and send it on its corrected way.

And to add some confidence around the changes Fisheries Officers were on Lake Illawarra recently on an evening patrol, a call came in and were re direct to the location with the caller still there, the caller was impressed, 3 minutes, incident acted on and paperwork issued, well done guys.

Alternately the 2013 Fishing Guides have all the Office Phone and Mobile numbers at the back.

Safe fishing and tight lines!