Anyone else frustrated by this weather?

Scratchie

Over the past 2 years at work, Ive finally accumulated time off. Started Jan first and I return next Tuesday. Of this time I spent about 7 - 10 days fishing, thanks to either high wind, searing heat or this rain. I am quite pissed off. This weekend I would have loved to fish some but doesn't look good. Of course the weather forecast for next week is sunny with 28 - 30c days.

Over the past 2 years at work, Ive finally accumulated time off. Started Jan first and I return next Tuesday. Of this time I spent about 7 - 10 days fishing, thanks to either high wind, searing heat or this rain. I am quite pissed off. This weekend I would have loved to fish some but doesn't look good. Of course the weather forecast for next week is sunny with 28 - 30c days.

Mate I hear your pain..I take this time off work every year to do one thing...................fish and troll for marlin. If it isn't the weather, the wife harassing me about how this should be family time, or mates that let you down, it would be so much better..........should have stayed at work.

Really Feel for you mate, same here!
I have been workin my butt off whilst the weather is good, Boss says hey why don't ou take the weekend off, you have a big week next week.

Maybe you can go fishing!

Yeah right!

He's a tragic too...owns a Luhrs 32, but it hasn't moved from the mooring in six months!

Chris

Guest Aussie007

we seen the weather was going to be crap today still decided to go out a mate also took hes tinny out there were 7 of us my mate caught all the jews and small flatties my boat caught nothing but a over heated engine and the wind howling it pulled my anchor from under the hawkesbury railway bridge than it pissed down raining

beautiful day lol it turned out nice late this afternoon so tomorrow should be a good day to go fishing

Guest hawkesbass

It hasn't bothered me fished all three days of the long weekend and both days this weekend with more fish than you can poke a stick at.once you know your spots and what conditions it can be fished in a bit off rain shouldn't stop people fishing

It hasn't bothered me fished all three days of the long weekend and both days this weekend with more fish than you can poke a stick at.once you know your spots and what conditions it can be fished in a bit off rain shouldn't stop people fishing

Obviously we fish in different areas. I'm not worried about a bit of rain but the 50km+ winds are a joke!!!

Good on ya for the blackies you caught. I only wish I could get out!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hi raiders, the topic says it all. For someone like me that is blessed to be able to fish at least twice a week, I'm having withdrawals.

Anyone else feel the same??

Cheers scratchie!!!

if this goes on any longer you will find me rocking back and forward in a corner somewhere,,,,,

I went to hill 60 yesterday arvo just for a look and it was nuts. going to start doing split shifts soon which will increase my fishing days from 2 to 3 or 4...should keep me sane

Guest hawkesbass

With the wind I look for areas that will block out the wind.buildings and wharfs are good for this in the boat I look for high cliffs to hide in behind for protection

I went out yesterday, land based, for a fish. Thanks to the rain the past few days, the mosquitoes were out in ****** SWARMS. No amount of mosquito repellent did anything. Ive got about 10 bites on each hand, 7 on my right elbow, 4 on my left, 5 on my back, 7 on my ass, 4 on my right thigh, 3 on each ankle, 5 on my face. I was wearing pants and a shirt and a hoodie. They were keen, persistent little ****ers. My cousin who was with me had about 10 on the back of his head and a mix everywhere else.

Edited by SargeRX8

I went out yesterday, land based, for a fish. Thanks to the rain the past few days, the mosquitoes were out in ****** SWARMS. No amount of mosquito repellent did anything. Ive got about 10 bites on each hand, 7 on my right elbow, 4 on my left, 5 on my back, 7 on my ass, 4 on my right thigh, 3 on each ankle, 5 on my face. I was wearing pants and a shirt and a hoodie. They were keen, persistent little ****ers. My cousin who was with me had about 10 on the back of his head and a mix everywhere else.

I know that feeling. Happened to me a few weeks back at Cronulla. The second the sun went down it was on. I always wear long sleeves and pants these days around sunset time. I also got bitten by blood sucking flies at the Royal National park and boy do they itch... Worst itch ever, I still have the tell-tale signs of fly bites and its been a month... Woke up almost every night for the first 2 weeks scratching like a madman.

It's not bothering me - I'm in Canada skiing! :bleh:

As long as it improves by about the 20th.

Haha, but the long range forecast says its no good on the 20th. Lol

Just had a look at the forecast for the next week - wind until Sunday, then rain until Tuesday. What is happening in Oz? But for Batemans Bay they are only predicting showers - so get into it!

I hear you guys I have a brand new stradic fj 5000 begging to be taken out of its box, if it's not the weather then its family/ social commitments popping up man it's been 3 weeks I'll be going mental soon, you will probably find me spinning lures in the bath tub! Or at a mental asylum or both!

Tight lines,

Shakeel