NRL tipping comp 2013

Plumb

Only two people tipping the sharks hey... That's easy points for me!!! Looks like we might even get out coach back in a few days. Giddy upSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a great effort from the sharkies but oh well, looks like only two of you got it wrong!

Cheers scratchie!!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately i was stupid enough to sign up for four different footy comps. A phone call from Stewey half hour ago reminded me i had forgotten about this one. You're all in trouble now i am going to blitz the season regardless of the poor Sharks problems.

Dave

Oh and - death to Tom Waterhouse

That's for sure that bloke is killing league / sport. Bad luck to the poor bas%#erds that have a tendency for gambling. They don't stand a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good game by the dogs. Too bad they lost but they look in good stead as their team will get back to full strength over the coming weeks, hopefully.

The dogs nearly beat melbourne, it was very hairy for them in the last 2 minutes of the game, but the dogs couldn't manage to put a try down...

Fishingphase

as a Bulldogs supporter, if we'd have won that match, it would have been through sheer grit, determination and enthusiasm......IN THE LAST 10 MINUTES!!

the rest of that match we played like under 12's in attack!!!

i'd like to point out (without hijacking the thread), Melbourne's try was NOT an obstruction and Slater should have been sidelined for 3-6 weeks. accidental or not (despite he and Bellamy admitting that he was protecting himself), a kick to the head is a kick to the head.

as a Bulldogs supporter, if we'd have won that match, it would have been through sheer grit, determination and enthusiasm......IN THE LAST 10 MINUTES!!

the rest of that match we played like under 12's in attack!!!

i'd like to point out (without hijacking the thread), Melbourne's try was NOT an obstruction and Slater should have been sidelined for 3-6 weeks. accidental or not (despite he and Bellamy admitting that he was protecting himself), a kick to the head is a kick to the head.

I beg to differ, the simple rule is a player is not supposed to be tackled whilst in the air, he ran into billy the kids foot, or as the media called him, "karate kid"

Fishingphase

Eels are getting an absolute spanking from the tigers, a barrage of errors by the eels giving away a bunch of penalties plus handling errors... Jarred Hayne is shadow of his former self, 2 penalties he gave away and one of his handling errors resulted in trys for the tigers and we're only 54 minutes in.

Fishingphase

Lol have a look at the footage... Billy's foot was extended virtually the whole time he was in the air, John was the only one moving in that exchange... Anyhow

Fishingphase

if by "virtually" you mean "until he saw Clemmer approaching" then yes, you're right! he looked down, saw Clemmer and extended. since we're talking about watching the footage; watch every other bomb he jumps for: 1 leg straight down, the other is out to his knee, then back down at 90 degrees. watching this one, he jumps up in the same way he always does, then flicks his foot out.

and to say that Clemmer tackled him mid air is rubbish, he was at least 3 feet away (or one leg away) from him when this happened.

I'm not saying he meant to kick him, I'm saying that ANY contact with the head is an offence but it seems that the Teflon kid (nothing sticks to him) gets off this sort of crap all the time.

last year's grand final, 2 knees to Sam Perrit's back, off scott free

Origin, (can't remember if it were last year or the year before) leads with the feet trying to thwart a try, off scott free

he's known for it! they guy's a great player but at some stage he has to be pulled up for it

again, I'll say it just so no one thinks ive got blue and white sunnies on:

- we did not deserve to win

- Melbourne's try did not deserve to be called an obstruction

- Slater deserved between 3-6 weeks on the sideline

mate, the bloke even admitted it himself in the post match interview when he said "I didn't mean to kick him, I was just defending myself"

Every week I get 6/8 and get the easy games wrong. I have a feeling two people might have a full round this week!

Yep I missed out this week by one game, two points titans over the eagles...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk