Whats wrong with Botany bay this year?

cjchen

past 3 years, this time i was hauling double digits most of the time. this year its big fat donuts or undersized fish.

what is going on?!?

anyone else having any luck..........?

lack of reports everywhere seems to suggest what i am experiencing...

Possibly to do with the construction of the new wharf/terminal on foreshore dve.

There was a huge amount of dredging and reclaimed land going on.

Prior to that was the trenching across from Kurnell to Kyemah(spelling) for the desalination pipeline and from Kurnell to little bay/laperouse for the power line.

Next major disturbance on the horizon is the expansion and dredging for the oil wharf.

This is what really peeves me off,all this goes on with government approval yet when I was trying to get the new boat ramp extended deeper at Bonna Pt Kurnell the gov rejected it over seagrass in the area.

One can only imagine the seagrass destruction during the dredgings.

Then again it could be the change from El Niño/el nina.

That's my thoughts but maybe other Raiders may have a better explanation.

Regards,

Paddy

Managed some decent tailor early morning at Woolaware Bay but the sandflies chased us away to the big school of surface fish in the middle of the bay, they were pretty well fed when we arrived, your normally cursing the wind out on the bay but I've done any good when its too calm like this morning.

past 3 years, this time i was hauling double digits most of the time. this year its big fat donuts or undersized fish.

what is going on?!?

anyone else having any luck..........?

lack of reports everywhere seems to suggest what i am experiencing...

mate that's cause you caught them all last year!! Double digits, not bad,

Tight lines,

Shakeel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aussie007

we were one of those cans lol caught a couple keepers in the bay yesterday its slowing down or the fish are becoming smarter tossed a few flatties back that were just under or just on legal this flatty went around 47cm

post-3154-0-75323400-1361499570_thumb.jpg

Kingfish are quiet all along the coast including the bay compared previous years , bream , flathead , whiting ,trevally are ther use plastics . Last weekend drifting and throwing plastics produced fish . Had 2 older guys yell abuse as I drifted past and we had double hookups catching fish 50 metres away , get the plastics out.