Botany Bay FADs 15/02

Dazzlar

Hey guys went out to both Botanys FADS yesterday got a tank full of livies trolled all the way to botany wide only picked up a one tuna of some sort just be fore the peak. Got to the fad dropped a livie bang on small dolphin fish 57cm & my mate got one 56cm same drop. Kept dropping a few more livies for about the same results even if we went 35m deep so on goes the plastics the Fad was riddled in small dolphin fish didn't mater what we threw at them they ate it metals,plastics,xraps,we tried all sorts of lures a lot of fun the only thing we couldn't catch them on was poppers. We just couldn't get any bigger fish than 58cm the same story at Sydney east Fad the little buggers were everywhere had a top time on them they truely are a top sport fish jumping and carrying on. The water temps were 23.5 at the wide Fad & a bit warmer at the closer one 23.8 so guys go get in to them a lot of fun even if we didn't get to keep one cheers Raiders.post-17549-0-95738800-1360990188_thumb.jpgpost-17549-0-17537200-1360990293_thumb.jpgpost-17549-0-78756900-1360990337_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dazzlar

well done mate. I encountered them too..mostly 55cm, I did get 2 keepers.. these fish fast they grow 1.3 to 2.5 inch a week. Give it 2 weeks and you can take them home. They would only take squid strips and there were kings amongst them as well.,

well done mate. I encountered them too..mostly 55cm, I did get 2 keepers.. these fish fast they grow 1.3 to 2.5 inch a week. Give it 2 weeks and you can take them home. They would only take squid strips and there were kings amongst them as well.,

Heaps of same sized dollies at the mhl bouy as well, and small kings. Great fun on light gear, was just throwing out chuncks of salted bonito from the week before and free spooling to get hookups, either a rat kingy or a Dollie each cast, kept me entertained haha, didn't come across any bigger ones though

I was fishing the FAD yesterday morning, when we arrived there were about 6 other boat out there drifting.

We started to set up and a mate threw a 120gram jig in the water, as the jig came to the surface we had a Marlin free jump not 5 metres from the back of the boat, incredible! Not sure if he was chasing the jig but was absolutely awesome to see!

In all the excitement we decided to put a spread of lures out and troll the FAD then across to the peak. Unfortunately for a big fat ZERO. Mother nature sure put a show on for us too.

I was fishing the FAD yesterday morning, when we arrived there were about 6 other boat out there drifting.

We started to set up and a mate threw a 120gram jig in the water, as the jig came to the surface we had a Marlin free jump not 5 metres from the back of the boat, incredible! Not sure if he was chasing the jig but was absolutely awesome to see!

In all the excitement we decided to put a spread of lures out and troll the FAD then across to the peak. Unfortunately for a big fat ZERO. Mother nature sure put a show on for us too.

Did you have any livies ? Shoulda sent one out mate