Catch and Release Views

Everyone has them and no one ever agrees with them.

We have a SITE RULE that everyone who joins Fishraider agrees to.

13. No criticism of legal catches and/or inappropriate imposing of C&R views in fishing reports

This will be adhered to by all members and anyone who doesn't like it go somewhere else.

THE FLATHEAD DEBATE IS OLD AND BURIED..IF IT IS LEGAL DO WHAT YOU WISH WITH SAID FLATHEAD.......RELEASE OR EAT IT....YOUR DECISION NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S

FISHRAIDER ADMINISTRATION

• 2 months later...

Good form Stewie, what you do with your hard earned legal fish is your business. With the amount of time, effort and money we spend in going after them I am a firm believer that you are entitled to keep any legal fish you catch. Hell I am sure we spend more money in catching fish than the majority do buying them. Aside from that the amount of fish we catch does nowhere near the amount of damage to populations as commercial fishermen. You catch it, you choose what happens with it.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hell I am sure we spend more money in catching fish than the majority do buying them.

Yes, but SSSHHHH! If the wife ever figures out how much cheaper it is to buy fish my boating and fishing time will be doomed!

Seriously though, good post stewie. To each their own. There are far bigger threats to our sport to worry about. Water quality and impacts of commercial fishing to name just two.

• Haha 1

Guest Guest123456789

+1

The haters would be better served asking how the fish were caught rather than posting some jealous comment about catch and release.

Actually in NSW the rec take of fish is at least equal to the commercial take for popular fish like snapper, kingfish, jewfish, bream etc. You might not have much of an impact as an individual but collectively the take is quite large.

If we are fishing a comp we tend to keep the bigger fish and release the smaller ones although we will release the big fish if it is length based comp or we can weigh in live fish.

When fishing for the table we will keep the fish that don't look healthy, or we will target jackets or blue spot flatties.

This post is not about discussing who takes how many fish or what fish you do or don't take.

It is to reinforce site rule #13.

Cheers scratchie mod team

Bang on Scratchie - this is not a rolling discussion where we flesh out the pros n cons. Rule 13 says it all. - closed

Cheers Blood Knot