All work and no fishing makes Dave a dull boy

Robofish

Hi Raiders,

For one reason or another I have not been able to get out fishing for the last 4 weeks - weather or Dads taxi duties. I can't remember the last time I had such a long break and I thinks it's pushing me over the edge!!!

Last week my Missus said I was nuts cos I was flicking lures in our swimming pool. I feel like that bloke in The Shining so had better lock my axe away!!

Are there any crisis centres for issues like this?

Dave

I feel your pain! I went through a dry spell a couple of months ago. One Saturday night I was at a relatives wedding at Le montage in Lilyfield and in between meals i went out for a 20 minute flick with SP. Caught nothing, but it made the wedding a lot more enjoyable :074:

I feel your pain! I went through a dry spell a couple of months ago. One Saturday night I was at a relatives wedding at Le montage in Lilyfield and in between meals i went out for a 20 minute flick with SP. Caught nothing, but it made the wedding a lot more enjoyable :074:
hahaha you legend, I've got a harbour cruise today and its going to kill me I can't troll a lure behind the cruise ship lol I might flick some squid jigs once we return but everyone's going to think I'm nuts!!!

Tight lines,

Shakeel

hahaha you legend, I've got a harbour cruise today and its going to kill me I can't troll a lure behind the cruise ship lol I might flick some squid jigs once we return but everyone's going to think I'm nuts!!! Tight lines,Shakeel

Get a cheap bib lure, about 50m of 30lb line and tie it off the back of the boat! I did that last harbour cruise I went on. I didn't catch anything but it made the cruise worth it, to know I had I line in the water!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I'm feeling your pain. I've taken the role of school drop off and pick up for two weeks while my mrs is home with a new baby and I'm currently sitting at ballet practice

This No fishing is costing me a fortune in new gear, and all this Internet surfing may just force me to upgrade the boat by a meter... Can't say I've been flicking S.P in the pool though.

YET...

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm feeling your pain. I've taken the role of school drop off and pick up for two weeks while my mrs is home with a new baby and I'm currently sitting at ballet practice This No fishing is costing me a fortune in new gear, and all this Internet surfing may just force me to upgrade the boat by a meter... Can't say I've been flicking S.P in the pool though. YET... Cheers Luke Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is hysterical! I had kids that did ballet, tap, jazz, singing and acting! Many a Saturday was spent walking around Newtown and the Rocks waiting for classes to finish.

Good Dad you are and they will remember that fondly

You are lucky that we have the capability these days to look at fishraider where ever we are :thumbup:

Hi Raiders, For one reason or another I have not been able to get out fishing for the last 4 weeks - weather or Dads taxi duties. I can't remember the last time I had such a long break and I thinks it's pushing me over the edge!!! Last week my Missus said I was nuts cos I was flicking lures in our swimming pool. I feel like that bloke in The Shining so had better lock my axe away!! Are there any crisis centres for issues like this? Dave

thank you for sharing that with us........... yes you are in the crisis forum right now Robo :thumbup:

Lovely venue! Geez I bet you smelled nice after that :blink:

If I dont get out for a fish soon I will go completely MAD :ranting2: I get very shitty when it rains and makes all our waterways look like crap

Hmmmmm you all need to cure this addiction somehow. Swordie, we could put a pond in the backyard for you and let you play there when its raining :insane:

If I dont get out for a fish soon I will go completely MAD :ranting2: I get very shitty when it rains and makes all our waterways look like crap

Haven't fished for a few weeks myself, Tuggerah Lakes was just starting to recover but now the water level is high again and the colour looks like crap.

Met the boys down there this morning for coffee, we were thinking about getting the Monopoly board out for something to do.

hahaha you legend, I've got a harbour cruise today and its going to kill me I can't troll a lure behind the cruise ship lol I might flick some squid jigs once we return but everyone's going to think I'm nuts!!! Tight lines,Shakeel

Get a cheap bib lure, about 50m of 30lb line and tie it off the back of the boat! I did that last harbour cruise I went on. I didn't catch anything but it made the cruise worth it, to know I had I line in the water!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Haha that is gold!

hahaha you legend, I've got a harbour cruise today and its going to kill me I can't troll a lure behind the cruise ship lol I might flick some squid jigs once we return but everyone's going to think I'm nuts!!! Tight lines, Shakeel

You need to find a way to get a lure in the water. Those boat cruises would be perfect for trolling! think about the awesome fishing report you would have to write up if you caught something :biggrinthumb: