Massive bonito

The Poacher

Like most raiders, I had been restricted to dreaming about fish during the poor weather. So, with a good forecast, it was just me and 400 other fishos at the ramp at 5.30. Got in the water and picked up some good yakkas quickly, then out to the inshore reefs. Had the joint to ourselves for a while, but then other boats showed up. It was quiet for the first half hour but there was lots of bait around and we were confident. Anyway, took a hit out of nowhere and was onto a good fish, I was calling it for a 90cm plus king, and I had turned its head and had it headed in the right direction when the hook pulled. After that, Lento was hit and it was a 67cm king - so OK, its better than nothing. THen 5 min later he got hit, we thought here-we-go a better king, but no, after 10 minutes of solid fight up comes the fatest bonito I have ever seen - it went near on 80 cm, but prob 78 technically. post-5073-0-58111400-1362817693_thumb.jpgpost-5073-0-91662800-1362817751_thumb.jpg

Got a few more and headed for home, very pleased.

Get out there Raiders!

The Poacher

They go good don't they at that size.

I went out with a commercial fisherman the other day chasing bonnies.

Between the 3 of us we caught 328.5 kgs of the buggers in 5 hrs.

Had trouble with a sore arm all the next day.

Flathead - there were 4 pro's line fishing next to us. They were all chasing bonnies too. Some with lures, some on bait.

Stiffy - we were off the Entrance

We honestly thought it was a king,

Its great to feel like there are a few good fish around.

Cheers

The Poacher