Port Hacking Trolling down South

Pongrass18ft

Hi Raiders

Headed out today with my good mate Meng (aka gonfishing) for a good days fishing. Meng was really keen to get out as it was his first boat trip of the year.

Hit the heads early at first light and was greeted with smooth seas and nice wind conditions. We trolled down south having lots of fun pulling in Bonito and Tailor from in close on skirts and deep diving lures. Also stopping along the way to have a squid fish and throw a few plastics where Meng found the squid and I couldn't. Zero to both of us on the soft plastics. Had a drift for Flathead down the coast which was pretty hard today as there were too many Leatherjackets on the bite. On this occasion Meng got not Flathead and I got a few for the table. We were going to try and have some Sushimi with the Bonito's today, we even bought all the ingredients with us, but we got a bit carried away with the fishing (as we do) that we never got around to it.

The Bonito seem to be of a better size than they have of previous years. The bigger models seem to be getting caught more on skirt lures today.

I have to say.....it was nice to come home and be greeted by my beautiful little boys who were more than happy to help me pack the fish away.

Meng......hope you enjoy your sushimi tonight when you get home.

Chris

post-13990-0-64337600-1362905727_thumb.jpg

Guest hawkesbass

Had a feeling you would be out today nice catch and the boys are getting bigger not long now untill you have some more deckies on the boat

Great bag there. I love that trip. How far down did you troll? Did you have a fish at the humps ?

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Luke,

I trolled down as far as garie beach and slowly made my way back to port.

I love trolling the coast too,plenty on offer at the moment well worth the adventure :fishing1:

Fished the humps last monday in sloppy seas not much biting last monday,thought it would of fired after those big seas.

Chris.

Hey Chris,

Long time no speak.

Well done on a great catch of fish.

You certainly know your trolling grounds.

The boys are growing up quickly.

Must be all the fish they're getting from their daddy.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Long time no speak,it has been hard going in the port of late and the seas have kept me from going past the heads when i have free time :ranting2: .

Was really enjoyable to be out with comfortable seas yesterday having fun and seeing some nice fish again.

Having a beaut bonnie salad tonight can't wait.The kids absolutely love there fish and there not fussy,i guess i'm lucky in that way :sun:

Definately have to tee up another botany trip soon see if i can catch some of those big whiting again.

Chris.

Hi Luke,

I trolled down as far as garie beach and slowly made my way back to port.

I love trolling the coast too,plenty on offer at the moment well worth the adventure :fishing1:

Fished the humps last monday in sloppy seas not much biting last monday,thought it would of fired after those big seas.

Chris.

Fished the humps, you burleyed the humps :puke::risata: