Fishing Sweden

bassboy888

Now this question may be pushing the limits of fishraider knowledge (which i doubt) but in june/july this year i am taking a holiday with my girlfriend to europe and for a large portion of the trip i will be in sweden and denmark. So i was wondering if any raiders have any information on fishing this part of the world (if it helps we will be driving from copenhagen to stockholm)?

If not any tips on this i have done a little research and found one of the predominate species is northern pike (a species i would love to catch) so any tips on techniques (lure only) and gear needed.

Lastly I will need a travel rod that breaks down into 4+ pieces and packs fairly small, that wont cost me more than $150.

Thanks in advance for any help i can get!

Cheers Stu

Hi Bassboy. Northern pike are a brilliantly camouflaged predator which feed on small freshwater fish and even smaller pike. There's a heap of info on youtube regarding lure and bait fishing for them. U will need rod and reel which can handle 30 lb lines. Used to catch these in the rivers of England (when I lived there) and they hit like a train and put up a good fight. Enjoy looking at the youtube footage and u'll be drooling by the time u head off. Good luck, Neil.

Thanks for the replies all. Have seen those episodes of I fish, and the one in Amsterdam has helped with lure selection, and kinds of places they will hide.

Thanks for the gear help Neil, I was considering a 4-6kg rod and my 2500sol spooled with 15-18lb braid and a 16+lb leader and pretty restricted wit space though so finding a travel rod that weight an in my budget is a mission!

Thanks for that hodgey very helpful, will be sure to pack a few SPs and stingers! Might be able to get out to fish for some Zander if I remember the episode of I fish right he caught some LB.

Edited by bassboy888