Mainline to leader!

Up to 20lb braid, I normally use a slim beauty with about 13 turns (6-7 up, 6-7 back). If really light braid onto light leader (eg 4lb onto 4lb, I normally just use a double uni as it gets a bit too hard sometimes to thread the braid through the little mono figure 8). For 30lb (and sometimes 20lb if I have the time) I will use the FG knot (awesome knot when tied properly, just takes a bit more time and you need a lighter on you to melt the mono/flouro to create the stopper).

Although a nice, strong and easy knot; the problem with a cat's paw is that if your double scrapes up against a bill or tail or something and snaps one of the strands, your entire leader is gone and you've lost your fish.

With a uni knot to the swivel, if you lose a strand, you still have another to hopefully hang onto the fish with

I learnt this the hard way!!!!!!

Although a nice, strong and easy knot; the problem with a cat's paw is that if your double scrapes up against a bill or tail or something and snaps one of the strands, your entire leader is gone and you've lost your fish. With a uni knot to the swivel, if you lose a strand, you still have another to hopefully hang onto the fish with I learnt this the hard way!!!!!!Learning the

Learning the hard way and never a truer word to be said

and when it comes to Game fishing minimizing mistakes and in anything thing that potentially can go wrong,,,,,,,,will ultimatly determine the outcome of the fight

I would love a dollar for the amount of marlin we have caught on one strand of the double having let go for what ever reason

incidently it is quite surprising in how many times the snap swivel can mysteriously open itself mid fight and then in the fish having to been gingerly led to the boat nervously on an open snap,,,,,,,,part reason as to why we like to apply the snap swivel ,,,,,,,,,open and close rule of 20 times and then discard as fatigue is commonally enduced when the snap is closed around the lanyard ring on the back of the Tiagra for example and thus why you quite often see a lot of experianced game crews applying a cable tie neatly in place on the lanyard hole for this very reason

Cheers Warnie

Cheers guys thx for the tips. Hey warnie Karen was wondering if you would be able to do some repair work on our shower we have the tiles just needs reseating and floor redone

Cheers Patey