Personal Best Flathead!

asDogs

Hey fishraiders!

I finally loaded up the photo of my flathead I caught lastnight. Strangely enough, I caught this thing on Pilchard head, just thrown two meters away from the water edge, I let it sit there while I lit up a smoke then picked up my rod only to feel like it was a snag, I lifted it a bit more and it was off! Maaaaaan did this run and the head shakes were amazing. I just thought I'd share with you my Personal Best Flathead, measuring at 77cm :)

15515_10200226296769927_1108850140_n.jpg

Sorry for the blurry photo, bad quality camera but I was super happy about this! haha

thanks fish raiders! :)

Hey fishraiders!

I finally loaded up the photo of my flathead I caught lastnight. Strangely enough, I caught this thing on Pilchard head, just thrown two meters away from the water edge, I let it sit there while I lit up a smoke then picked up my rod only to feel like it was a snag, I lifted it a bit more and it was off! Maaaaaan did this run and the head shakes were amazing. I just thought I'd share with you my Personal Best Flathead, measuring at 77cm :)

15515_10200226296769927_1108850140_n.jpg

Sorry for the blurry photo, bad quality camera but I was super happy about this! haha

thanks fish raiders! :)

great effort mate........you said two metres from the edge........funny how people from the shore think you have to cast 200km lol to catch fish, while people in boats cast towards the shore......just some thinking for ya

Good for you...great fish and your smile says it all.

KB

Hahah thank you! I was completely ecstatic!

Well done mate nice flatty :clapping:

Hahahaha thank you!

Great photo! If you are anything like me, you would probably try to repeat the exact steps next time hoping for another big one.

I'll be bagging all the pilchard heads that go to waste as use for the next big flathead, hopefully I can report another monster in!

great effort mate........you said two metres from the edge........funny how people from the shore think you have to cast 200km lol to catch fish, while people in boats cast towards the shore......just some thinking for ya

I'll be taking that into consideration next time, Thank you!

That is a serious fish well done mate ! I found that flatheads can be pretty suicidals at times :)

This thing felt like an angry middle aged guy at a rock concert! Headbanging like no tomorrow haha!

That is excactly what I do all time fishing cast 2 to 3 metres away from the bank or rock, and always get fish

I always used to try cast it out halfway to china, now I don't even use sinkers when I fish, I just use the weight of the bait and a hook haha :)