Fishing Shell Harbour

Basil D

Headed down to shell Harbour on Wednesday with Chris (pongrass) for a fish and and new grounds to explore .

Found a couple of squid earlier and lost them to picked on the rigger.

Got a couple of Bonitos on the trawl and down rigged one live for a zero.

After a while we found some reef off a drop of, anchored up and fished it for a few hours.

Ended up with 8 Bonnies, A large 41cm red rock cod, Banjo and a dog shark, three snapper, 1 bream, a 41cm Slimie caught by Chris, huge Yellow tail as big as slimies LOL and the slimies were big as the bonnies, got a couple more squid.

Nice day with beer in hand, jokes and laughter, beats work any daypost-8352-0-39607900-1366369951_thumb.jpgpost-8352-0-53306000-1366370027_thumb.jpgpost-8352-0-53846500-1366370053_thumb.jpgpost-8352-0-84826200-1366370191_thumb.jpg

Hey Grouper; just got back from Queensland last night.

Good to see you and Cris still reeling them in.

Didn't get to do any fishing at all but did a good crabbing session.

Did well, had about 10kg of muddies.

awsome chillie crab sound great

33 to 35 cm all panies , I hear your killing it in Botany, Common post them :)

im doing ok the bream are playing hide and seek at the moment but i can sniff them out . Basil a few years back before i joined fishraider we would get snapper in the mid 30s all the time 5 - 10 in a session but recently the odd one here one there always up towards kurnell i would like to see them return one day i like catching and eating them.

im doing ok the bream are playing hide and seek at the moment but i can sniff them out . Basil a few years back before i joined fishraider we would get snapper in the mid 30s all the time 5 - 10 in a session but recently the odd one here one there always up towards kurnell i would like to see them return one day i like catching and eating them.

Yeah it seems they have not been around for a while but with all these fish traps and people targeting snapper its hardly surprising.

I trying to get a day off this week and take my boys and there mate, I might head down south again.