Shimano Reels

wrek3000

Guys first post, but need a little advice. What is preferedd as a cheap entry level reel , looking at shimano sienna 2500 or shimano cazna 2500. What is the better of the 2 reels and any feedback would be greatly appreciated guy and happy fishing

Agreed - I have a Sienna 2500 - got it with a 7' 2" Shimano reel at BCF about 6 months ago for $169 and I love it .. very smooth and the drag is awesome, very adjustable in fine increments

Have had a shimano cazna almost a year now. Doesnt feel as plasticy as the sienna, and it has great smooth drag and casts really well with the extra slant on the spool lip using braid. I used it for mostly sp lure fishing. Its spooled with 6 lb braid and is in 2500 size. Its not bad for its price, and would recommend it over the sienna. Just make sure no sand gets in it or gets soaked in salt water. A good quick rinse with tightened dragafter use would be good. If ur just starting off theres nthing wrong with the sienna as ive seen some decent sized kings caught on them in the size 2500 reel while light spinningoff rocks, so it is a little mighty reel aswel.

Its up to your preference, look at them both and see what u like. Both work very well and if taken care of, can last a while.

I had the choise of either and i chose the cazna and not looking back.

Siena. .My bro inlaw landed his first "rat" king spooled with 4 lb braid and 6 fluro leader while flicking plastics .....

we thought it would get smashed!!!!! Wrong... Good little reel!