Got smoked but landed 2

Hay guys been a long time since I was on here last. Just looking at some of the posts and man some great catches and congrats to everyone.

Went for a late night session last night flicking soft plastics down at Windang. After a very slow hour with only 2 flattys landed all hell was about to brake loose.

Half asleep from lack of action I get a solid hit thinking that it was a small Jew but ended being a nice 40cm+ flatty. Next cast on again with another 40+ specimen.

Then goes quiet for 10 mins then whack my 6kg rod buckles over and drag screaming of the little Abu reel. After a short fight I land my first Jew for winter 70cm. Then for the next 12 or so casts I got smoked 6 times by some things that I could not stop from getting under the bridge. After rigging up again I'm on to a little 53 cm Jew.

It swallows the lure deep so while I was trying to get this out some guy that was watching jumps right in and land a 80cm keeper. Next cast I get snagged and loose my plastic it was getting late so of I go with 4 good flattys and 2 Jews for the Tom yum soup..

post-20633-0-30927200-1368244062_thumb.jpg

post-20633-0-41311900-1368244118_thumb.jpg

post-20633-0-88472800-1368244176_thumb.jpg

Edited by jaysondanielgraham

Then for the next 12 or so casts I got smoked 6 times by some things that I could not stop from getting under the bridge.

I'm suggesting it would have been a couple of really big jewies! Nice catch btw!

Cheers scratchie!!!

You really seem to have that bridge downpat. What size jigheads do you use if you don't mind me asking.

A friend and I tried a bit further down the corner at the rocks at the tourist park as well as from the rocks at the mouth a few weeks back and found that even with 1/4 jigheads we couldn't get to the bottom as the current was quite strong. Maybe it's different a bit further up at the bridge where you are.

Thanks.

You really seem to have that bridge downpat. What size jigheads do you use if you don't mind me asking.

A friend and I tried a bit further down the corner at the rocks at the tourist park as well as from the rocks at the mouth a few weeks back and found that even with 1/4 jigheads we couldn't get to the bottom as the current was quite strong. Maybe it's different a bit further up at the bridge where you are.

Thanks.

Mate they are the squishy ball 5grm jig head so not that heavy.

Were you under the bridge or on top. Cause how the hell would u bring that beast up from the bridge. Well done on your catches. That bridge looks pretty empty, no cars = no eggs. You really have windang worked out.

Yeah no eggs mate. Yeah was on the bridge and had to bank them one they spent all their energy.

Yeah no eggs mate. Yeah was on the bridge and had to bank them one they spent all their energy.

we should have ran off with the first one lol

told your cousin in the car but he went back to sleep