Friday night Jewie session

littledude

Morning Raiders,

With the weather, tides and everything else comming together nicely towards the end of last week, my mate and I decided it was to good not to have another crack at the Georges River Jewies, (we boated 6 the week before)

Hit the water after dark, set the lines and didnt have to wait long.... 10mins in our first jewie hits the next, 48cm and returned to fight another day, another 10 mins goes by, a bigger model at 58cm hits the net, 2 hours before the top of the tide and we knew it was going to be an entertaining night,

All up 9 Jewies between 48 and 65cm (all released) 8 Bream to 41cm and 2 filthy eels,

3 good fish were also lost due to the light set ups used and were possibly bullsharks or much larger jew,(long powerfull runs with lots of headshakes....)

post-18851-0-01599900-1368401172_thumb.jpg

post-18851-0-21146200-1368401387_thumb.jpg

post-18851-0-36568400-1368401560_thumb.jpg

post-18851-0-48352700-1368401773_thumb.jpg

post-18851-0-08074500-1368400913_thumb.jpg

Sure were mate,

Fairer to say the jews were caught on the bream gear, years of experience with the Georges River Jews shows the lightest you can fish, the more you catch, 2kg bream sticks, 1000 series baitrunner style reels, 4 pound line and 6 pound leaders, lightest sinker possible, 2/0 hooks and large bait,

Cant go wrong, always a good laugh when you see guys at the ramp, 15kg sticks loaded with 25kg line in hand complaining there are no jews in the system!

Sure were mate,

Fairer to say the jews were caught on the bream gear, years of experience with the Georges River Jews shows the lightest you can fish, the more you catch, 2kg bream sticks, 1000 series baitrunner style reels, 4 pound line and 6 pound leaders, lightest sinker possible, 2/0 hooks and large bait,

Cant go wrong, always a good laugh when you see guys at the ramp, 15kg sticks loaded with 25kg line in hand complaining there are no jews in the system!

Nice, that makes it all the better. Well done Jews everywhere up and down the coast atm

cheers

bait was fresh green eyed squid caught the day before in the hacking and kept on an ice slurry, local knowledge is everything, we started chasing them hard 2 years ago, document tides, weather, moons and many other factors (water temp etc) and slowly you develop a pattern, 4 specific jew missions in the last 6 weeks have netted 33 Jews between 40cm and 75cm, plus numerous bycatch, our system works, the Georges works, not the trophies that the hacking produces but consistency is everything and who doesn't want to hook a 4 or 5 pound Jew on bream gear? just make sure you put them back, they are too good to take home and the bycatch of bream and tailor are much better on the chew, the myth that releasing jewies scares the school is total crap, when they are on the hunt, nothing stops them, just IMO anyway, if its under 75cm, put it back and let it breed

Great catch dude, you do seem to have it nutted out well. I wouldn't knock the humble eel though, Marinated in teriyaki and then flambéed with a a gas torch they are among the tastiest fish in the water. I had much the same opinion as yourself once... Until the missus made me try it. It quickly became one of my favourites. ;)