Hawkesbury with fellow raider

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Went out last night with fellow raider diesel and son, and I took my boy same age. Put the both our boats in at parsley bay at about 230pm. The plan was to do a couple of drifts around commodore heights and make our way up Cowan to waratah bay about 430 and moor up for the night. Well, we picked up a couple of flatties around the 40cm+ mark while drifting and we stuck to our plan. On arrival, we managed to grab a visitors mooring, tied up both boats together, set up and settled in for the night. Diesel forced me to have a couple of beers while we soaked some baits and waited for the tide. There wasn't much action, although plenty of bait fish about. We put out a few rigs trying for hairtail but the water was to warm and no sign of them about. Diesel son manged to catch a small soapie and I got a trev that went 35cm. We changed rigs after landing the soapie and tried for jewy instead. We started to lose faith when out the corner of my eye I see my rod slowly peeling line. I picked it up, set the hook and feel a big weight on the end of the line. A few head shakes as I wound in and I was confused to what this fish was???? Being nighttime and a bit hard to see, I thought it might be a big ray but as it got nearer the boat to our surprise it was a huge flatty.

After a great netting effort from diesel, there she was....... A beautiful 76cm and 3.5kg. A massive PB for me and hi5s all round. The young fellas were stoked as were we! After a few pics but she went to the depths of which she came, which also really exciting!

post-24974-0-41423100-1368939994_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-89415800-1368940044_thumb.jpg

Poor diesel didn't manage to land a fish last night, not through a lack of trying but at one stage was perplexed by the weight of his rod!!!

post-24974-0-42638300-1368940215_thumb.jpg

After releasing his catch unharmed, we turned in for the night.

This morning we managed to hide from the wind at Juno point and drifted with some success, even diesel managed a few flatty but was out fished by his son yet again! We both went home with a feed of flatty and flounder and had a great night!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Good work Scratchie, that's a cracker flatty, I had a feeling Diesel went for a fish, the boat was missing hehe. I live across the road from Diesel and he has told me about his last couple of outings. It seems to be a pretty consistent theme (him getting out fished by the younguns). Good to see he got onto a few this time though. ;)

Good work Scratchie, that's a cracker flatty, I had a feeling Diesel went for a fish, the boat was missing hehe. I live across the road from Diesel and he has told me about his last couple of outings. It seems to be a pretty consistent theme (him getting out fished by the younguns). Good to see he got onto a few this time though. ;)

He said you live across the road!! Why didn't he envite you the slacker! We will all have to go for a flick someday! It's great having diesel with you, cos he always makes you look good! Lol.

But he's heaps passionate about fishing and pretty good with the net. I give him heaps of practice on it anyway!

Tight lines,

Cheers scratchie!!!

Haha, good report and healthy digs at diesel. Great flatty, I'd be over the moon with that one!

Absolutely stoked. There was nothing else really biting, so to get that girl and watch her come up the water column was in a word, awesome!

Cheers scratchie!!!

He said you live across the road!! Why didn't he envite you the slacker! We will all have to go for a flick someday! It's great having diesel with you, cos he always makes you look good! Lol.

But he's heaps passionate about fishing and pretty good with the net. I give him heaps of practice on it anyway!

Tight lines,

Cheers scratchie!!!

I think it was a little payback for me not inviting him for a fish up at Lyell when I got that nice bass. It was on a Thursday though so he probably couldn't have come anyway. My little trout fish on Saturday though was pre booked with Luderick angler and we left at about 5am, I would have invited him but it was a bit late notice so I didn't get a chance.

I would love to come and hit the salt with you guys sometime, that would be awesome as I don't have a boat and most of my fishing is land based. It doesn't stop me from getting out there and having a crack though. Aside from that it would be a great chance for Diesel to get a bit more net experience hehehe.

thanks for the props scratch was a good night,those photos dont do that fish justice, did i take them:).

p.s could of eaten that stick fish

P.s diesel, if your son hadn't of caught so many fish, you would have been eating that stick!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Edited by Scratchie

diesel n scratchie attack the hawkesbo!! nice work dudes.i hit my little spot in berowra friday night geoff n managed a little 5kg jew.

Hey spotie, diesel was telling me that while we sipped on a couple of ales! Nice work, great eating that size! Well, it's about time the hawkesbo produced something!

Cheers scratchie!!!

took my mate grum out two weeks earlier to the same spot and he landed a meter model which was the tallest and fattest i seen round that size and i took home one bit bigger than fridays one i scored. and you are spot on dude!! wicked eatting size..

by the way scratchie nice flattie big fella and a PB!! love your work n

top report.

Where's your report then spotie? Surely you know how to take a picture? Or you just telling fishing stories??? Lol.

Would love to see your catch! And thanks, it was pretty awesome and great to see diesels eyes light up!! And mine for that matter!

Cheers scratchie!!!