Rain, Water Spouts, Reds and Squid

Basil D

Headed out for a fish with Chris and Meng for a fish and first up was trawling down the coast and got a few Bonies, later Anchored up for Groper, we Burled and while I fished for them the boys pulled some nice Squid, then before I knew it the bloody rod bounces out of the rod holder :badmood: Gone, tried dragging a line around the area but couldn't find it, lets go I said to the Boys, headed straight out to the flat head spot and first drop, jacket cut me off then water spouts come behind us, took a couple of picks and white caps started appearing, so we took off (exit stage left) and another boat that was near us did the same and the another water sprout come in front of the cliffs so we took the boat wide then back in, looking back behind us another sprout come up , 3 in total now.

Got back to bait bay and the water and everything else calmed right down.

So we fish the bay for a while, plenty of bait around and nothing Else until the jackets appeared , took of into the deep again, nothing but jackets, stuff this I said, its all calm now, took of down marley/watermulla found a reef and burleid into the night, we got squid out the engine exhaust :bleh: and they were stonkers then the REd snaps come on yeeeehhhhhhaaaaaa, don't if it was out of the exhaust but they came, ended up with ten, Reds, Bonnies, 30 squid between, sticking to the new bag limits you see :074:

Then chris's Rod almost flew out of the Rod Holder but managed to grab it, after five minutes a beast of a Sydney Red came up 72cm 4.5kg.

as the night approached the Reds went off the Bight and we got some more Calamari then Chris rubs it in again, the One meter squid are back in town :clapping: It was :frozen: into the evening and we were soaked But what a day Boys, get out and have some fun, we did, Im bloody enjoying my fishing and have some top Blokes to fish with. :1naughty:017_zps8a5b79cf.jpg007-1_zps8bc9151e.jpg020-1_zpsbe7572b7.jpg024_zps20bfd58a.jpg023-1_zpscc8cf14b.jpg022-1_zpsa1ea3ddc.jpg016_zps4149e2f7.jpg

Edited by Groper

Mouth-watering. How far from the harbour were these fish caught?

you got the Harbour, Botany then watermulla, so its a fair distance

Groper that is an absolute cracking session!

well done mate, gota be happy with that! and thats a great shot of the spout, i think i would crap my self if i saw that hahaha.

Cheers, Stan

we were stoked, and we did crap our selves

top haul!

what sort of depth did you catch the reds in? did they take squid or another bait? assuming your cubing at anchor.

beautiful place to fish down that way.

sorry Guys, we were using cuttle, squid and pillies, thanks to a seal that was feeding on a cuttle he donated to us :074:

Mr groper,

Your a legend. You always bring home a good feed and I love reading your posts. You give some really great info, except GPS marks, lol.

I think I need to organize a trip with you at some stage. I would be willing to share my spots if you are ever up this way! I love chasing big reds and can't wait for some good weather to get out there. Those squid are massive and if you have any spare can you parcel post them to me. The jewy up here would love them!

Until your next post, tight lines.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Mr groper,

Your a legend. You always bring home a good feed and I love reading your posts. You give some really great info, except GPS marks, lol.

I think I need to organize a trip with you at some stage. I would be willing to share my spots if you are ever up this way! I love chasing big reds and can't wait for some good weather to get out there. Those squid are massive and if you have any spare can you parcel post them to me. The jewy up here would love them!

Until your next post, tight lines.

Cheers scratchie!!!

will take your offer Scratchie, you know sometimes the snapper are right under your nose ;) btw good weather doesn't help with snapper, that's why I stayed out after it roughed up

Basil,

You like to live dangerously.

No I don't mean messing with waterspouts, I mean taking Chris and Meng instead of your wife !

Then staying out after dark and giving your wife 'reasons' for being late like "I'm at the ramp", then "I just finished cleaning the boat'.....when all along she's calling you FROM the boat ramp...

You are certainly living the charmed life.

Probably you are a fishing equivalent of 007, evading evil leatherjackets, weaving between waterspouts to catch your arch-rivals, Mr Snapper and Doctor Squid.

Well done yet again - you must have squid coming out of your exhaust - er I mean your outboard's exhaust...and so would Chris.

Shame about the lost outfit - that would be heartbreaking...

Those reds are top sydney fish Basil.

The cuttlefish caught the snapper ?

I reckon you sould tie a rope around the seal and send HIM to the bottom to catch you a red - the way the Japanese use the cormorants...

That would be the day when snapper fishos triumph over the seals....

Perhaps a job for Basil Bond - 007...

Looking forward to your next post - and some parcel posted squid - not for the jewies though - the frying pan is ready....

Tony

Basil,

You like to live dangerously.

No I don't mean messing with waterspouts, I mean taking Chris and Meng instead of your wife !

Then staying out after dark and giving your wife 'reasons' for being late like "I'm at the ramp", then "I just finished cleaning the boat'.....when all along she's calling you FROM the boat ramp...

You are certainly living the charmed life.

Probably you are a fishing equivalent of 007, evading evil leatherjackets, weaving between waterspouts to catch your arch-rivals, Mr Snapper and Doctor Squid.

Well done yet again - you must have squid coming out of your exhaust - er I mean your outboard's exhaust...and so would Chris.

Shame about the lost outfit - that would be heartbreaking...

Those reds are top sydney fish Basil.

The cuttlefish caught the snapper ?

I reckon you sould tie a rope around the seal and send HIM to the bottom to catch you a red - the way the Japanese use the cormorants...

That would be the day when snapper fishos triumph over the seals....

Perhaps a job for Basil Bond - 007...

Looking forward to your next post - and some parcel posted squid - not for the jewies though - the frying pan is ready....

Tony

Man I love the way you wright and put your words together :074: Thanks for your reply.

BTW A little birdie told me you've had really good Bream n whiting sessions ,

there are some awesome reds there basil!! and that water spout looks amazing too.I was getting hungry just looking at the photos of those yummy squid.

pete.

pete wanna try my sushimi squid. We should do another jewie sesh.

Man I love the way you wright and put your words together :074: Thanks for your reply.

BTW A little birdie told me you've had really good Bream n whiting sessions ,

Friggin little birdies !

That's the last time I talk to the birdies.

Actually next time I'll tell the birdies that I'm catching cormorants, seagulls, mutton birds and albatross.

The birdies will not come near me again ! :074:

No matter how hard I try, that cloak of invisibility that I bought from the Harry Potter website for such a huge pricetag just isn't big enough to cover my boat during a fishing trip.

Some bits of my boat are still visible and all they have to see is a net materialize to net a fish and the cover is blown.

I should have bought 2 cloaks of invisibility - I'm such a tightarse...

That is the only way people are finding out about me, right ?

No ? Well how else are people finding out about my catches?

We all know how good us fishos are at not bragging.

And we are the world's best liars and exaggerators. :mfr_lol:

OK - seriously, I haven't been out for a couple of weeks but when I last went, there was a bit of fish around, but the water has cooled off a bit since then.

The fish should start to move upriver now, unless we get big freshwater dumps and the fish would be more in the river mouth.

When the weather behaves itself, I'll go into the bay and I'll post a report, whether it's a good one or not...

Tony

Friggin little birdies !

That's the last time I talk to the birdies.

Actually next time I'll tell the birdies that I'm catching cormorants, seagulls, mutton birds and albatross.

The birdies will not come near me again ! :074:

No matter how hard I try, that cloak of invisibility that I bought from the Harry Potter website for such a huge pricetag just isn't big enough to cover my boat during a fishing trip.

Some bits of my boat are still visible and all they have to see is a net materialize to net a fish and the cover is blown.

I should have bought 2 cloaks of invisibility - I'm such a tightarse...

That is the only way people are finding out about me, right ?

No ? Well how else are people finding out about my catches?

We all know how good us fishos are at not bragging.

And we are the world's best liars and exaggerators. :mfr_lol:

OK - seriously, I haven't been out for a couple of weeks but when I last went, there was a bit of fish around, but the water has cooled off a bit since then.

The fish should start to move upriver now, unless we get big freshwater dumps and the fish would be more in the river mouth.

When the weather behaves itself, I'll go into the bay and I'll post a report, whether it's a good one or not...

Tony

Look forward to reading it, as for those birds one gull took Chris's bait and got hooked through the beak, I took the hook out but somehow I dont think that birdie will be talking anytime soon. :074: