Rain, Water Spouts, Reds and Squid

Basil D

Great session Basil! I also enjoy all the banter from fellow raiders as the post grows. I'm busting to get out again and hope to hit the squid tomorrow!

Good luck with it, let us know how you went.

You can never be away from the water for more than a week ay.

well done Basil on a great catch but your one keen lot fishing in those conditions

well all weather reports showed a great day but it happens sometimes and we waited a bit till it cleared up

delicious catch groper, mate you didn't try hard enough , the current bag limit on big reds is 10 per person, next time try and catch a few more , im sure a top bloke like your self must know a bus load of lovely older people that suffered and /or fought for this country, that are too old to shop, fish, and cook and cant afford much more then frozen Basa fillets, they sure deserve a lovely bit of snapper fillet ones every three months or so, allot of others would probably give them sustainable tinned tuna on toast but that's something that i always consider each and every time that im out fishing , , anyway i was wondering what sort of a fish is that in the big yellow eski, its head looks like a big red rock cod to me. enjoy your catch may there be thousands more like it ,

correct, its Red rock cod, I love them, they are sweat flesh and taste like a crab/lobster when steamed .

Not a bad catch for Sydney REDS ay , were stoked, here is a picture of the last one we got, Chris does it again.post-8352-0-28662600-1369721819_thumb.jpg

and couple more with my son post-8352-0-87179500-1369721904_thumb.jpgand some more just to rub it, sorry :P the bakers I cut up, soak in tuna oil for a few days before my next trip, works a treap ;)post-8352-0-28620200-1369722122_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

Awesome fish there groper. We normally head to the humps for snapper but it's an incentive to me to know they can be caught closer to the hacking.

yeah weve got them at the hupms down south and these beauties down from water mulla and even garrie .. there is nice gravel beds at garrie

yeah weve got them at the hupms down south and these beauties down from water mulla and even garrie .. there is nice gravel beds at garrie

Thanks for the heads up and information. I think that might be our next destination to try.